Will 35x12.50-17's fit..........

My bro. in law runs 35" Courser CTs on his 07 at stock height with no issues.
I love my new Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's.

I'll never buy another set of terra grapplers. I have maybe 10000 on them and the rears are almost to the wear bars. The fronts don't look that bad yet. I haven't done any smokey burnouts either.

I've never heard such a mixed review of a tire as I have with the Terra Grapplers. I was told that they do wear very well & go like a tank by more than one member. Then another guy tells me they are junk for sledpulling, now I hear they wear funny. I'm stumped?:hehe:

While I have no personal experience with them (Nitto Terra Grapplers) on a truck that I own I do have experience on a truck that I have ridden in. Let me tell you that they suck. Side wall flex when towing with a 33/12.5/17. No traction in wet conditions, forget it if there is any snow on the ground. They might be good for highway driving and no towing but I will stick with my Pro-Comp X/AT's. I have 40k on them and still have about 40% tread. Great traction with them in all conditions, not noisy on the road, and no sidewall flex when towing. (33/12.5/17)

My Terra Grapplers were quiet and balanced good but in 15K miles they were completely bald.

Lavon

No rubbing here
008-2.jpg

Billy

What about 20x10's rolling 35x12.50 to 13 wide with the leveling kit or a 20x12 with a 33x12.50 and a leveling kit? fender rubbage? Thanks again for all the replies guys! I wouldnt mind a 33 but I do not want it to look tiny.............

I know I have a whole lot of info here and likes and dislikes but I need your guys help so I dont have to buy 4 diff kind of rims and tires to find a winner!

Givin that info:

A 20x12 with a 33x12.50 and leveling kit rubbage no rubbage?

Or 20x10 with a 35x12.50 and leveling kit rubbage no rubbage?

Brandon

Last edited:
Both should not rub as long as you have the proper backspacing.

The 20x10 with 4.5" of backspacing will rub bad. Been there done that. I had my local body shop trim my fenders right in front of the doors. They cut a little "V" in the bottom of the fender and then folded it back and smoothed it out and repainted it. The only way you will tell its been done is if you have a truck sitting next to it that is not trimmed. You will also need to trim the air dam on the bottom of the bumper a little. No more rub now.

I run 35x13.50x20 Mickey Thompson ATZ's with 20x10 Mazzi Hulks with 4.5" of backspacing with a 2" leveling kit.

While I have no personal experience with them (Nitto Terra Grapplers) on a truck that I own I do have experience on a truck that I have ridden in. Let me tell you that they suck. Side wall flex when towing with a 33/12.5/17. No traction in wet conditions, forget it if there is any snow on the ground. They might be good for highway driving and no towing but I will stick with my Pro-Comp X/AT's. I have 40k on them and still have about 40% tread. Great traction with them in all conditions, not noisy on the road, and no sidewall flex when towing. (33/12.5/17)

My Terra Grapplers are 325/60/18 & I have had 2500lbs of rock salt in the bed & never noticed any swaying from flex or anything like that. Is it possible the truck you were in was running low psi?

My Terra Grapplers are 325/60/18 & I have had 2500lbs of rock salt in the bed & never noticed any swaying from flex or anything like that. Is it possible the truck you were in was running low psi?

Nope, I am sure that the PSI was good. Do you know TJ's dad? Gotta check everything before leaving, even tire pressure. I noticed it when towing a GN with it, might be the reason I noticed it and you didn't. I also have a friend who has a fifth wheel that complains about the same thing and I bet that his are to proper PSI also.

Nope, I am sure that the PSI was good. Do you know TJ's dad? Gotta check everything before leaving, even tire pressure. I noticed it when towing a GN with it, might be the reason I noticed it and you didn't. I also have a friend who has a fifth wheel that complains about the same thing and I bet that his are to proper PSI also.

hmmm. That is wierd.

Toyo A/T's

I might could even sell you my 285/65R18's if you'd be interested in them;)

Chris

This is a pic I copied from another site! IMO this truck looks sick and AFAIK the owner said no rubbage at all! 20x12 33x12.50-20 M/T...........

20x12 Rockstars.jpg
Brandon

This is a pic I copied from another site! IMO this truck looks sick and AFAIK the owner said no rubbage at all! 20x12 33x12.50-20 M/T...........

View attachment 22195
Brandon

I guess over there in the ghetto you want those curb feelers sticking out there like they have on all the 78 Buick's and Caddy's huh??

Chris

I guess over there in the ghetto you want those curb feelers sticking out there like they have on all the 78 Buick's and Caddy's huh??

Chris

He did name the truck "D-Unit". Anything less than a 20" wheel would ruin the name.

Chris

Come on now Shoes dont hang from phone lines here you have to go another 10min down the road for that :hehe:.

He did name the truck "D-Unit". Anything less than a 20" wheel would ruin the name.

True, true.
Brandon

Back