Wiring Airdog on p pump24v

yoshi470

EDP Janitor
Ok i thought there was a thread on this but for the life of my i cannot find it. So if you have the link help me out. Gonna be pulling my truck this weekend for the 1st time since the swap and i hope to leave the line around 4500rpms. Now i remember seeing somewhere where the factory lift pump will cut out and stop fueling around 4000-4100rpms. Now how do i wire it so it wont cut out and defuel? And just a side note im a wiring dummy and dont know a whole lot so if someone could write a little diagram of some type that would be awesome. Also gonna be wiring up an electronic FP gauge (yes shame on me for not going mechanical) just wondering if anyone had any pics or advance on how you tied into the fuel system.

I myself just put in my new air dog tonight, all you have to do is take the trigger wire in the harness and put it to a switched power. The trigger wire would be the one that hooks up where your it plugs in to the factory harness for where your lift pump used to be. What they gave me in my kit for fuel pressure is basically a T that threads right into the pump before the output line and you put your fuel pressure sender out one side and run your fuel line to IP out the other. Hope this helps.

Im not understanding you right I dont think. So the airdog will not fuel past 4k? The only thing I did with my Airdog is put the diff. spring in and thats it. Ive had my truck up to 5k and everything seems ok. I too would like to better understand more about this.

Well from what i understand the factory ECM cuts the lift pump off around 4k, atleast i thought anyway so you had to bypass the factory ECM and re-wire it to run at any RPM someone correct me if im wrong?

Well what the heck is goin on with mine? Im sure you are right. My 5K is at free rev so Im sure thats why. So what you want to do is hook the one wire into a keyed power on right??

Yes i would think so. But do you leave it plugged into the factory lift pump plug up on the driver side of the engine or leave it unplug and wire it up to a key source on like a toggle switch? I know nothing about wiring...lol

You would want it wired directly into a key power on i would think. Im in the same boat as you. I guess we wait for someone that has done it to come in and let us know. If you find out PM me. Thanks

PM Cummins724(jamie) I think that he did what you are talk about. inreguards to by passing the ecm.

You disconnect the wire from the factory hook up. If i recall right one of the wires at that plug is just a ground and the other wire at that plug is your trigger for your relay. That one you want to move to a switched power source.

Ok so one wire should be wired to a key on power source. That means when I turn my key to the on position the airdog will kick on.

bingo. The Airdog will run nonstop when triggered off a keyed source instead of only running when the ecm tells it to run.

So if i did this the airdog would run all out pushing 40psi even with just the key in the on position correct?

Well that answers our ?. Now what wire do we want to wire to the key on? Also just ground the other wire?

Is this how you have yours wired BgBlDodge?

Any keyed 12v source will work to trigger the relay. And yes ground the other wire.

When my Airdog arrives Thursday I will install it like this since I plan on running 4k on the synopsis. Also debating new gears so the extra rpm will come in handy.

So i wish i wasnt an idiot and knew how to identify a keyed 12v source....lol

Take a test light to your fuse panel on the left side of your dash there. Ground the one end of your test light and start checking the fuses when you turn the key one. There are recesses in the top of each fuse on either side, you can stick your test light on those for easy access. Just go through em tell you find something that lights up with key on. once you found it get a little fuse tap clip and tie into it and your hook your wire up.

Those who wire it to only run when the key is "ON" do you have trouble staring the truck because the pump kicks back off when you crank it? it took me a long time with a test light to find a wire that was only hot with the key on but stayed hot even when the key went to "START"

everything is either hot 100% of the time, or only when ON, but not when cranking.

Back