Wiring Airdog on p pump24v

There is plenty of fuel in the p pump for it to start without the electric pump to run. I have just been turning my key on and waiting for 2 or 3 seconds before starting it and have not had a problem.

Those who wire it to only run when the key is "ON" do you have trouble staring the truck because the pump kicks back off when you crank it? it took me a long time with a test light to find a wire that was only hot with the key on but stayed hot even when the key went to "START"

everything is either hot 100% of the time, or only when ON, but not when cranking.

Did you find one? What number fuse did you go with.

The trigger wire for the fuel heater relay is switched in both the run and start positions. I use that for both my 'hold' circuit for my shutoff solenoid and for my FASS relay. Its a little Gr/Wt wire, 16-18 ga, tapped it out of the main harness coming from the PDC. I can't be much more specific than that as my truck is 200km from me right now.

Fuel heater? Doesnt the airdog bypass that? I dont have my factory fuel canister on my truck anymore or are you talking about the grid heater?

why not just piggyback a hot wire onto the stock wire...... with a switch

So just splice into the wire on the airdog and put that on a toggleswitch and then have another wire going to the 12v key source? But then wouldnt the ECM still be telling the airdog to shut off at 4100rpms sounds like that would blow a fuse or am i thinking wrong?

The toggle scares the crap out of me! If you forget to flip it bad things will happen.

Fuel heater? Doesnt the airdog bypass that? I dont have my factory fuel canister on my truck anymore or are you talking about the grid heater?

Talking about the fuel heater, not the grids.

Doesn't matter if the heater is there or not, its the signal wire for the relay which you're after. Unless you removed that from the trucks wiring harness, its still there and still active.

If you are gonna piggyback the stock lift pump wire with a switched 12v, there is no point in the piggy back, as the switched source will be on all the time (as the key)

Back