wont run unless at 45* timing

Well the pump is not original for this motor. I bought a different motor and put my pump on it. The motor was outta a 97 auto.
If it was fuel pressure wouldn't it pop and crack no matter what the timing? It ran great at 35.5*
Miss calculation 35.5* not 45*
Gonna look into getting a different pump and trying that and see what happens I guess.

So the engine came out of a 97 Dodge with an auto? or a 97 Ford medium duty truck with an auto? If the pump was fine when taken off another engine that would lead me to believe it is the engine. My guess is the cam in the engine and the cam in the pump are different. Thats why it won't run without extreme timing and blows headgaskets. Why would anyone pull the engine data plate off? Where is the pump that came off the engine? I would find it and get the numbers off it and look up what it goes too. Or like others are saying the pump is messed up. Did you make any changes to the pump from one engine to the other? What was wrong with the old engine?

Well from the way it sounds this motor has been tossed around from person to person a bit so i dunno if i could even find out for sure what it for sure came out of. I asked Kevin and he said he thought a 97 auto. The way he talked it sounded to me like it came from a ram truck. The only thing i did to the pump was gut the afc, it wouldn't start after i did it so i put everything back in it. Why would you remove the data plate? Possibly to put a new case on due the the all famous kdp. Why wasn't it attached to the motor or givin with the motor? Who knows.
The old motor.... we'll just say i had a piston slapping good time with it. It was totaled.
Gonna try a new gasket and a different pump on it and see what happens next.

Back