Word is....

I will get everyone results when i get home

i am getting ready to board airplane and start my journey home.

Just got out of bed - didn't get home till 1 AM last night.

Big thanks to everyone at the NHRDA and at Speedworld - great event, great track. The weather was as good as we could ask for - just a little spot of rain, but overcast and cool (for Arizona - air temps in the high 80's, track in the low 90's). Good spectator turnout - seemed like everyone there drove in with a diesel pickup too.

We ran a new best in competition - 7.87 at 175, backed it with a 7.90 at 174 that we had to thrash for - turned the truck around in 27 minutes on the last run.

Real proud of everyone on the crew - good work, guys!!!

Just got out of bed - didn't get home till 1 AM last night.

Big thanks to everyone at the NHRDA and at Speedworld - great event, great track. The weather was as good as we could ask for - just a little spot of rain, but overcast and cool (for Arizona - air temps in the high 80's, track in the low 90's). Good spectator turnout - seemed like everyone there drove in with a diesel pickup too.

We ran a new best in competition - 7.87 at 175, backed it with a 7.90 at 174 that we had to thrash for - turned the truck around in 27 minutes on the last run.

Real proud of everyone on the crew - good work, guys!!!

Cool, nice job Banks team:rockwoot::clap:

great job guys congratulations.

Darren,

I know we've got a long way to get to your .8 and .9 second 60 foots...can you sense the sarcasm there? But we're getting the truck as close to dialed in as we can get it. Thanks for the congrats.

I have no idea how Matt got out of bed at 10 AM, I had to recoup from last week and didn't get up until noon. We thrashed on that truck about as hard and as fast as we ever have before, and Randy and the guys of NHRDA, and the crew of Speedworld, were kind enough to let us run just one more time and set a record in the 7's.

I know Matt (Big Thumper) said thanks to all the big guys, Speedworld and NHRDA, to whom I'm also very grateful, but I'd also like to thank all the little guys. Matt, John, Mike, Jim, the other Matt, Big Rick and not so big Rick, Roldie, and everyone who's gotten the truck to where it is, past and present. No matter what, Chuck, Burt, Jon, and the rest helped us get there too. Thanks for the hard work this weekend and putting up with me taking pictures every two seconds. Especially to Rick for getting us to the track, and getting us food, and a Port-a-Cool, and home safe.

Thanks again, everyone. It was a great weekend. But somehow, it just wasn't the same without Mr. Turner. I only got to go to Bakersfield, and I guess I got spoiled by having Tim there. Although I did see a truck with some cool mudflaps..."Chester's Show Chickens" :hehe:

Later
Chris

And have fun out there guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, nice job Banks team:rockwoot::clap:

Thanks dude. It's been real great to have the support of guys like you and fellow racers that give us props when we've done good.

Thanks again everyone, sorry if I sound like a Hallmark card.

Later
Chris

Congrats guys!!!!! Awesome laps..... Wish I could have been there to see it!

Congrats to The Banks Race Team- you continue to raise the bar to awesome heights!

Thanks dude. It's been real great to have the support of guys like you and fellow racers that give us props when we've done good.

Thanks again everyone, sorry if I sound like a Hallmark card.

Later
Chris

Hey Banks team,

Any chance of the Banks rail hittin the track this year.

I've got all our slips here from Friday and Saturday - will get them scanned and up tomorrow, so Greg can try to pick them apart ;)

The dragster won't be at any diesel races this year - the season's over in about another week or two.

The little truck is really behaving well - got the 60's back down where we want them, 1.16's and 1.17's when the track was OK, and got the nasty tire shake out of it.

It's also not chewing itself up anymore, either - the changes we made from the last setup have proved out well so far. There's more in it, too - just more refinement to do.

Like Chris said - the truck wouldn't be where it is now without a lot of guy's hard work (and Gale pushing us to make it faster :) ) - missed having them with us at the track, and having the rest of you guys there to talk with and run against - can't wait till next season!

why would I pick them apart
the times show real power , the kind a Dmax motor can make, in the right hands . Im comfident that Curtis can give me the same power , and with a 1000 lbs less, it will be fun , can't wait to line up next to your new dragster
1.166 60
3.297 330
5.071 @ 138.995 1/8
6.547 1000
7.874 @ 175.450

the 2.80 back half shows a lot more power then the 7.87 time ,

I've got all our slips here from Friday and Saturday - will get them scanned and up tomorrow, so Greg can try to pick them apart ;)

The dragster won't be at any diesel races this year - the season's over in about another week or two.

The little truck is really behaving well - got the 60's back down where we want them, 1.16's and 1.17's when the track was OK, and got the nasty tire shake out of it.

It's also not chewing itself up anymore, either - the changes we made from the last setup have proved out well so far. There's more in it, too - just more refinement to do.

Like Chris said - the truck wouldn't be where it is now without a lot of guy's hard work (and Gale pushing us to make it faster :) ) - missed having them with us at the track, and having the rest of you guys there to talk with and run against - can't wait till next season!

Congrats on the fast passes, and the new NHRDA record. Your back half at a 2.8... is flat out haulin. There is more to gain at the front half from the looks of it. Great job to the whole banks crew!

How did you fix the tire shake? Was it a compression issue or a rebound issue?

How did you fix the tire shake? Was it a compression issue or a rebound issue?

It was overwhelming the tires in the lower gears. Several chickens were sacrificed, and the problem was fixed (answers to come later - read Diesel Power) :)

And Greg - I didn't mean to instigate anything with my quip earlier, but if you can't keep the PM's and voicemails to a simple 'Congrats' and not get wound up about other things, please, don't bother.

I would like personally thank the entire GBE crew. These guys work their butts off round after round to get the truck ready for the next pass. Look forward to seeing that truck run again in the future .... Again Congrats guys.

Congrats guys!!!:woohoo:

And Greg - I didn't mean to instigate anything with my quip earlier, but if you can't keep the PM's and voicemails to a simple 'Congrats' and not get wound up about other things, please, don't bother.

:doh:

Hogue: "I know everything there is to know 'bout the shrimpin' biness"

:hehe:

Congrats guys!!!:woohoo:

:doh:

Hogue: "I know everything there is to know 'bout the shrimpin' biness"

:hehe:

Dammit Greg! I should've known not to read a Dockboy post while eating. Who's gonna help me clean my computer screen?

Congrats to the Banks team! That's great that you've got it working well without chewing itself apart. I wish I could've been there to see it in person. I wish I could've made it over to meet you guys in Bakersfield, but I was doing triple duty (racing, chasing my kid, and working the ISSPRO booth).

I'm kinda bummed that I never got to hold either end of the record with the DirtyMax truck. We came close to the old records, but I think that ET & speed are gonna be pretty hard to beat with a full-size #2 only truck.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Dammit Greg! I should've known not to read a Dockboy post while eating. Who's gonna help me clean my computer screen?

:evil: Michael LOL

Greg Hogue: Hello. I'm Comp, Comp 461.

Comp Diesel Members: Nobody gives a hunky $hit who you are, pus ball. You're not even a low-life, scum-sucking maggot. Get your ass on the bus, you're on Competition Diesel now!

:kick::hehe:

Back