World Ag Expo / West Coast Nationls

So, any word on how things turned out? Did the weather hold out? And how did the second day of pulling go?

I heard Johnny won the pull the second night at around 280' and everyone else pulled about 255'-260'. Cole (SMOKIN93) won the overall event, both nights combined.

So whats up with the ford with the 466 in it? Never seen it before but got a full pull. Any info?

he pulled there last year as well. I believe he is a compd member as well. They did end up pulling both nights the track was bad the 1st night but the second night it shaped up. The announcer was about the only bad part the second night.

Russ Prescott owns the blue ford. He pulls with united pullers and lives in utah. Travels around a bit too.

Did BBD make a second hook? Was wondering if he got the problems worked out?

Scotts truck sounded kinda wierd, not sure what the deal was-- maybe the headgasket.

Your right JP, Scott's engine did sound weird, kinda like it was missing or something.

Care to comment on the data/results you got from that run Scott??

Joe

Just got in the house, we spent the night down in Tulare and came home today then spent a few hours pressure washing mud off stuff, still have a lot of that to do over this weekend.

The event was good, of course Mother Nature was a key factor and she has been across the country but at least we didn’t have snow to contend with. If you guys would have gotten there at around 12:00 on Tuesday you would have thought no way in the world are we having a sled pull but I give mad props to the folks behind the scenes who worked there butts off to pull it together the track wasn’t that bad the first night at all, a little soft out of the whole, but other then that the rest of the track was all right. It was a pain getting in and out of the circle track hence having to use tractors and then a small tractor and ATV to get us out :) again the guys who drove the smaller tractors all night hauling folk’s in and out mad props to those folks as well. Getting in and out was way easier the second day, again thanks to the track and pit crews, we were able to use the mule.

Yes our motor does sound different I couldn’t hear from inside the truck with the helmet on but after hearing the video’s I agree the first thing that I noticed was lots a steam coming out from under the hood at the end of the hook later when I investigated I discovered that we had blown one of the smaller expansion plugs out of the top of the head. So two lines of thought I guess, was it a weak plug or perhaps a gasket or o-ring not sealing and pressurizing the water jacket. I decided to head into town find a new plug and re-insert it with JB weld. I then filled the radiator and ran the second night; if another plug blows perhaps we have the other issue. Well we did blow another plug the second night as well :( . There is no noise at start up or at idle or even when spooling I think the plug blows right after I launch. The thing is pulling hard, real hard.

Good seeing everybody and I was good seeing Russ and his crew again the truck looks sweet with the bar tires :)

Congrates to Cole for taking overall in SS we took the Modified but apparently the ladies who were handing the prizes got confused and gave the stuff to the wrong folks, they said they were going to get it straighten out we will see

I should have some pictures and video up soon.

BBD

Ya it was pretty fun, nice track too. Got home at 3am went to work today and went by the pressure washer on the way home, nice thing was I put quarters in to start it and it never shut off so I was able to wash both trucks and the trailer!
Thanks to JP for the help and Alex and Justin for given me a place to sleep.

Ya it was pretty fun, nice track too. Got home at 3am went to work today and went by the pressure washer on the way home, nice thing was I put quarters in to start it and it never shut off so I was able to wash both trucks and the trailer!
Thanks to JP for the help and Alex and Justin for given me a place to sleep.

Anytime cole.

lets get rolling on the new parts.

-jp

Back