Young gun's 94 build thread

Haha no rest for the wicked! Remind me again any port work on your head? I love that truck btw

Haha no rest for the wicked! Remind me again any port work on your head? I love that truck btw

No time, not enough money to go 2k into a stock head. I want a Hamilton head sometime in the future.

Power goals are lofty, 1000hp with a 66/483 setup. Right now with the billet 75 I'd be happy at 750 on fuel. I still don't have the 66 yet, gotta sell the 75 first.

It runs! Very smooth, only problem is it had 40psi oil pressure on the dash gauge for 10 seconds then Dropped to zero, thinking air pocket or bad sensor. Will put a manual gauge in tomorrow.

Little 5 minute job, stamped TDC into the balancer along with a groove. Thinking about adding marks for 20-30* timing

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419528530.974742.jpg

Merry xmas been following for a while, great build! I'd like my truck to head in this direction someday.Hope Santa left you a billet 66 under the tree? Hahaha

Drove it out of the shop, injector return line has a crack and leaks diesel, timing is way off for some reason, pump was pinned at 18 and I just dropped it in at TDC. Runs likes its ultra low, is it possible to slip time on 13mm pumps just cranking?? Won't rev over 2200 rpm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419622729.772923.jpg

Advanced the timing 10* and it runs awesome now. I can tell this thing has some serious balls now. Haven't even pushed it past 1/4 throttle and it's already surprised me with how well it runs. I'm trying to take it easy before I re torque the head bolts.

What's everyone's opinion on over torquing ARP 425's? Right now I'm at 125 but I feel like it might need more.

I'm kinda curious what they will stand where they are. (125?)
And it's soooooo hard not to run them hard when you can feel the difference.

Slipped timing again, little annoyed it won't hold very good. Hopefully a new washer and more torque will keep it in place

Did you rough up the shaft off the pump and the inside of the gear before installing?

Back