your set up plus dyno numbers 12 valve only.

My numbers from last September

215 pump
Stock dvs, injectors, and turbo
No plate, fully modded afc, with a loose stock spring.
Tork tek ofv
16° timing
.10 over head gasket

And all the stupid little stuff intake, exhaust, ect.

Made 406hp. And i had it tuned as perfectly as i could get it. Turbo was running around 40psi also.

Going to a dyno beginning of August and hoping for more.
I've added
351vgt
7mm taper cuts(came from .025s)
20° timing (soon to be more)
And gunna crank the fuel pressure up some and maybe at 5k springs.

My trucks a freak though so who knows what will happen.

Sent from the Chodster

I noticed a thread off CF where u had 22° or 25° of timing and u also mention 16° 20°. Although you're only running a single, granted its a vgt, what timing did you like best? As far as drivability, not necessarily pwr.

My best friends truck made 643 on the heartbreaker dyno at TS performance show, 12v calibrated 215 pump, full cuts, 4k gsk 5x14 DDP injectors, 188/220 Hamilton cam, 66/74/14 timing at *26 no runing on the pump AFC set all the way loose w no plate, I'm sure he could have been in the 660-670 range w tuning

I noticed a thread off CF where u had 22° or 25° of timing and u also mention 16° 20°. Although you're only running a single, granted its a vgt, what timing did you like best? As far as drivability, not necessarily pwr.

I'm not sure. I need to play more. I'm going to a dyno tomorrow. So we'll see what she'll lay down. I put my .025 dvs back in and installed my Haisley 5ks last week. Its kinda hard for me to say. I only ran 18° for a couple days. I was just trying to give the fuel more time to burn and maybe make a little more power. We will see. Its a mustang dyno so it won't be giving. But I'm gunna try brake boosting it and going in with some boost to try and make good numbers. We'll see, I'll let you guys know what she does. Its at 25° right now

Sent from the Chodster

Last edited:
Went to the dyno yesterday. It was a mustang dyno. And definitely loaded hard. And wasn't forgiving lol. Even the heavily fueled twin trucks (vp and a common rail) didn't break 600hp. Well, the common rail made 620.

My numbers where 443hp 1248ft lbs without water meth. And 459hp 1259ft lbs with the water meth on. That was with a single 14gph nozzle. This was on only 38 psi of boost also.

Mods:
4510 nano/Scotty mod, 5in exhaust, no plate,afc mods,23*,Haisley 5k gsk-60pounders,.10 over gasket, tork tek ofv,.025 dvs,he351vgt, missing grid heater, head bolts at 135#s

Sent from the Chodster

Last edited:
Went to the dyno yesterday. It was a mustang dyno. And definitely loaded hard. And wasn't forgiving lol. Even the heavily fueled twin trucks (vp and a common rail) didn't break 600hp. Well, the common rail made 620.

My numbers where 443hp 1248ft lbs without water meth. And 459hp 1259ft lbs with the water meth on. That was with a single 14gph nozzle. This was on only 38 psi of boost also.

Mods:
4510 nano/Scotty mod, 5in exhaust, no plate,afc mods,23*,Haisley 5k gsk-60pounders,.10 over gasket, tork tek ofv,.025 dvs,he351vgt, missing grid heater, head bolts at 135#s

Sent from the Chodster

you oughta know better cody!

video or it didn't happen... :hehe:

fortunately I got video of it for you..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2W1ES-kUtw"]Codys 12v P7100 w/ he351ve turbo dyno run - YouTube[/ame]

btw I totally blame the tow mirrors extended on the CR for exceeding my dyno numbers!!! damn tow mirrors and ghost trailers adding 50hp and 12tq haha

I was right on his heels with torque.

he had a powerful truck though. twin cp3s, 120hp injectors 362/475 twins and a smarty...

Last edited:

Mods:

Sent from the Chodster

Nice numbers! What injectors are you running again? So you upgraded to a 5gsk ,do you feel thats where you made ur numbers vs. the 406 u had w the 4gsk and also timing? I think your doing a damn good job w what you have.

Mods:

Sent from the Chodster

incredible torque numbers...

for the power its making.. great job

Nice numbers! What injectors are you running again? So you upgraded to a 5gsk ,do you feel thats where you made ur numbers vs. the 406 u had w the 4gsk and also timing? I think your doing a damn good job w what you have.
I'm running stock injectors still. I've added .025dvs, turbo, timing, w/m, 5ks...and i think that's it since i made 406. I'm going back to the dyno i made 406 on in September. So we'll see how the numbers compare. I'm thinking about leaving everything alone until that dyno and seeing how numbers compare
incredible torque numbers...

for the power its making.. great job
thank you sir. Ya i was impressed with the torque numbers. Wish the hp numbers matched. My buddy calculated it out and the hp he got for that torque was 530....can you imagine that on stock injectors lol

Sent from the Chodster

btw I totally blame the tow mirrors extended on the CR for exceeding my dyno numbers!!! damn tow mirrors and ghost trailers adding 50hp and 12tq haha

I was right on his heels with torque.

he had a powerful truck though. twin cp3s, 120hp injectors 362/475 twins and a smarty...
Its cause you got that wimpy vp truck haha. I think if i would have done a second run like you did with your truck but adjusted the gsk, messed with the afc, and cranked the boost up i would have got 20hp more at least. I turned boost up to 45psi...wow, that made all the difference today lol

Sent from the Chodster

x2 on the budget friendly mods!! I should be going tomorrow to bump my timing up, think i'm going w 21*. So, w my pump already being benchflowed, the afc housing and such is already set, correct? I'll post back tomorrow after timing and such. Im not going after numbers as much as i would like to have a very clean and efficient setup

Thanks guys I'm pretty happy. I have a 215 pump...there's no clean burning lol. I'd adjust your pump to your liking. Unless your happy with it...but I'm never happy with mine lol. Always feel i can do better. Let us know how the timing does. You'll be amazed at the top end lol

Sent from the Chodster

Its cause you got that wimpy vp truck haha.

yeah and that "whimpy vp" truck spanked both of your numbers on fuel only :D and you used drugs! :hehe:

not that they got you much more than your original numbers...what mix are you running for water/alcohol... using purpose made stuff, or bug juice from wally world?

just lemme "borrow" your truck for a weekend...

steal me a 215 ppump and timing case and some other accessories...

then give you back a duct taped on tired old vp44 :hehe:

you can have the quad and smarty too! I won't be needing them at that point :D

hell that kinda mod might make my double disc clutch struggle to hold on!

I'll have to send my injectors back to weston to get set up for p7100 pop pressures though.

then I can get that craftsman/snap-on stack in there! :rockwoot:

well, I bumped my timing up Friday. I haven't really tested it out but, my plate is back currently and it almost feels as when the plate was full fwd. I can tell a little different on the sound when idling too. when you actually see the dial gauge move on the pump vs the movement on the crank, it is not much...I would like to thank Lane over at Big Country Diesel for helping me out.

Ya an 1/8 if movement on the damper is actually a couple degrees or more. I think 10° of timing is 3/8s if an inch if I'm remembering right

Sent from the Chodster

Measure ur balancer diameter and multiply it by (pie) then divide by 360 and that will tell u how much movement is n 1 degree

Might as well put mine up. 436hp/1062ft. lbs.

Mods at the time were free AFC mods, 024 DVs, Pro Comp pusher pump, BHAF, HE351CW at 42psi, pusher intake, 16* timing, Valair clutch, 4 inch exhaust. Stock injectors and gov springs.

Since then I've racked the barrels, put in 4K springs, and built a fuel system that'll hold 30psi WOT, when I dynod it fuel pressure was pulling down to 15psi. Next will be studs, valve springs, and more timing. I'm looking to try and break 500hp on stock injectors, just to say I did it.

Last edited:
Back