"the best" 2.8 charger

zstroken said:
Taz I am not taking anything away from the 6.7. Put a set of duals on it and you are there. I think the smaller displacement is finally catching up with the 5.9.

If that's true, Toyota's going to kick ALL of our butts with that friggin' 8.0 liter inline six Hino in their duallie.

RAMpage said:
hey overfueled, is joe signing that truck up for the east coast series this year?
I dunno rampage i will have to ask him when he gets back from TN. I know him and dave are working on something special for this year just dont know what that is yet

Overfueled said:
I dunno rampage i will have to ask him when he gets back from TN. I know him and dave are working on something special for this year just dont know what that is yet
And I know the answer to this.

Shane sent me one last year for a customer to try .Does it work yes.Is it durable yes.Did it make power over 850 on fuel.Used it in a 3rd gen application with a second gen manifold setup non wastegated.Passed all dhra 2.8 inspections.Mike if your interested I have a spare one on the floor .Shane will not steer you wrong on turbos

massdiesel said:
Shane sent me one last year for a customer to try .Does it work yes.Is it durable yes.Did it make power over 850 on fuel.Used it in a 3rd gen application with a second gen manifold setup non wastegated.Passed all dhra 2.8 inspections.Mike if your interested I have a spare one on the floor .Shane will not steer you wrong on turbos
Scott,is there anything you dont have buried in that shop someplace?

This must be the charger Brady was talking about earlier in the thread-

We have tested and have kits available now for the NEW turbo we now have. It is a K31 with a DUAL WASTEGATED exhaust housing. It has a T4 flange so you will need a ATS T4 manifold which we have instock. The kit comes with Intake Piping, Air Filter, Boost Outlet Piping, Hoses Fittings Etc. It has very good street manners. Very close to a Silver Bullet but does have a small bit more comp. surge due to the larger turbo. The turbine housing is small enough to give great spoolup but the dual wastegates keep the turbo from over spooling. Excessive turbine speed is why most K31 turbos fail. It takes out the thrust and then the rotating assy. contacts the housing. Dual wastegates will go along way to fixing the excessive turbine speed. We are very excited to see your response to this turbo. I had a hard time taking mine off and sending it to Barry at NADP. It was the first copy and he could see the benefit that it would give him. Thanks, Brady II (K31 is a 2.8 inducer)

Last edited:
thats been "out" for a while i believe...isnt that the charger w1cked's been running???

ive been thinking of ditching the bullet for one

Back