Truckers, lets see your rigs!

9CBDFBA2-46D0-4239-87F7-8EE179AD0CCE_zpsivqbdipm.png

Here is a test cell sheet from a generator engine rated at 855hp, it is a 15.2L C15 with a GT5518.

Engine uses about 106lbs/min at a boost reading of around 39.3psi. Exhaust flow out is around 297lbs/m.

You ever think that they go large on the turbo to get a useable turbine size to let the engines breathe properly?
Industrial engines dont need to respond very quick.

Correct and it's nothing to do with the engine, it's all aftertreatment.

It's about the manufacturer who cant keep up with todays standards. Cat fans are whining it's EPAs fault they went out of business, no, it's just the manufacturer who has always made half finished products. They must have some russian genes, their products have always been the same, big country, big tolerances.

It's about the manufacturer who cant keep up with todays standards. Cat fans are whining it's EPAs fault they went out of business, no, it's just the manufacturer who has always made half finished products. They must have some russian genes, their products have always been the same, big country, big tolerances.

Funny how there are now class action lawsuits for Cummins and soon Maxxforce and Paccar too. But your right it's only Cat that has the issues.

Less then 5% of their global income is why they no longer are in the truck market, it was an insignificant loss to them. Pretty simple actually.

Just remember, somewhere, somehow, there is a caterpillar product making it possible for you to run your Internet cock sucker

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Any of you truckers recognize this PTO setup? I'm looking for parts but can't find a manufacturer or part number or anything for any of it. Google is failing me. I don't know the correct keyword to search for apparently. Anyone know who made it?

I've got all the cables free'd up but I'd like to replace the broken plastic covers that keep falling off.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7907.jpg
    IMG_7907.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 0
What can a guy expect to pay for a platinum kit? ESN is 6NZ03304, it looks like I'm going to be overhauling one of our trucks due to some serious blowby and the boss wanted me to find out prices on the parts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What can a guy expect to pay for a platinum kit? ESN is 6NZ03304, it looks like I'm going to be overhauling one of our trucks due to some serious blowby and the boss wanted me to find out prices on the parts.

I'd look into the IPd single piece steel piston to go back in instead of cat parts.

11k-13k depending on dealer buying power.
Our packs are having problems.

Alpha Beta Test Monkey
Guang-Zoo Turbo Systems

I'd look into the IPd single piece steel piston to go back in instead of cat parts.
Tell me more about this
11k-13k depending on dealer buying power.
Our packs are having problems.

Alpha Beta Test Monkey
Guang-Zoo Turbo Systems
What kind of problems? My truck was done 100,000 miles ago with a platinum kit, set at 600hp, and haven't had a single issue.

Tell me more about this

What kind of problems? My truck was done 100,000 miles ago with a platinum kit, set at 600hp, and haven't had a single issue.

This is an opinion of mine, but we have seen a jump in oil consumption claims on units with just over 100k on the clock.

Alpha Beta Test Monkey
Guang-Zoo Turbo Systems

Tell me more about this

Essentially is it the same principle as the acert piston but has the pin diameter and location in the right place to work in earlier engines. Also doesn't have the acert bowl.

Back