Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Pretty nice truck concedering it has a "concrete company" name on the door. :D

Are you all familiar with Oklahoma Truck Supply south of Tonkawa? A guy named Cliff Wilkins and his son own it. They do some of the nicest truck restorations in the nation.

I remember setting in that old COE (the first pic) when I was a little kid. They had an old building behind WalMart in Blackwell. That thing was prestine from grill to tail light.

Photo Gallery

Got my air cleaner lights on tonight

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342589430759.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342589430759.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 0
It probably is, Jory. Looking at the placement of the fuel tanks it would suggest that it is. Frame length has little to do with it really, we lengthen and shorten trucks all the time in our shop, the guys just got done stretching one from a 250" wheelbase to 310"

Why do you guys stretch? They look b!tchin but must be hard to get around corners...

Why do you guys stretch? They look b!tchin but must be hard to get around corners...

It depends, a lot of guys just do it for looks and some do it out of necessity. I'm going to stretch mine to 275 so I can clear a lift axle without shortening my tanks.

If you look up Richie Acosta's videos of his 350" truck you can see how it can be in tight places.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Got my name on the door today
And our logo on the back of the sleeper

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342927170228.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342927170228.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1342927217972.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342927217972.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 0
That logos pretty cool. I bought an old fld last week to pull a lowboy. Dont know if im proud of it enough to put up pictures.

What kind of price tags do shops put on frame lengthening and is there a certain area they lengthen them?

Personally, I'd never have a shop lengthen one for me, strictly because they will "scab" an inner channel inside your frame rails twice the length of your "stretch". This will make them ride like crap because it takes the normal flex out of the rails. The only way to do it right is replace the whole rails front to back. Don't get me wrong, people do it every day that way, but they ride like crap after. It'll ride worse than a factory double frame, believe me.

I was going to stretch mine by adding to the rear and moving the axles back. With a 15" stretch, only the rear air bags will be on the new piece of rail, no liner needed.

I was going to stretch mine by adding to the rear and moving the axles back. With a 15" stretch, only the rear air bags will be on the new piece of rail, no liner needed.

That'll work too! But you'll still need to scab an inner piece to keep your old hanger holes from becoming a weak link.

I'm with you bullrack, I wouldn't ever trust a truck that had been cut in the middle to work on the road. I guess it's a matter of what ever you want.

If I remember right from seeing what a company I used to work for would do, they would do a "v" type cut instead of straight cuts in the frame. Weld it up and then add a diamond shape plate over the joint to avoid having the rough ride of the "scabbing" ya'll are talking about. This was a heavy haul company and I can't recall them having any structural issues from using this method.

Oh i definitely hear what you're saying bullrack, a lot of people around here can't afford to do new rails, so they end up adding to what's already there. One guy hauls oversize loads with a truck we added 36 inches to and its working just fine, adding to the frame isn't going to cause a strength issue when dine properly, but, the ride quality will suffer no matter what

Oh i definitely hear what you're saying bullrack, a lot of people around here can't afford to do new rails, so they end up adding to what's already there. One guy hauls oversize loads with a truck we added 36 inches to and its working just fine, adding to the frame isn't going to cause a strength issue when dine properly, but, the ride quality will suffer no matter what
Completely agree with you there! I've seen and done all sorts of lengthening and shortening, some proud of and some not so proud of!LOL Ride quality is the reason I insist on ordering what frame rails I get in a truck. Lots of guessing and some math, and have guessed wrong many times, that's why I know what works and what doesn't with the suspension I order. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with KW's AG460 suspension this time. It beats everything I've ever tried in a Pete. Just kinda missing a Pete though, they still beat a KW in fit and finish!

Back