Truckers, lets see your rigs!

You cant buy any european over there.

Um......Maxxforce, Volvo, Paccar, MBE Mercedes. You know the standard of which all engines are measured off of for reliability, power and ease of maintenance. Lmao!!

I really wish Scania would come here. The US is just begging for a good 6' long single axle cabover that looks like it has a giant forehead.

Um......Maxxforce, Volvo, Paccar, MBE Mercedes. You know the standard of which all engines are measured off of for reliability, power and ease of maintenance. Lmao!!

I really wish Scania would come here. The US is just begging for a good 6' long single axle cabover that looks like it has a giant forehead.

Don't you have shunt trucks down there? Lol the short bus of the truck world.

No pics of your new ride Rick? :hehe: LOL

Shoot!!!! I'll post that up!
fdfcd71a10949e3253f8852dc06baa48.jpg

5e86b7c9b55cdb5b7546cb55b0aee3d2.jpg

I hate to see your Pete gone. It does make me feel a little better know I'm not the only one in here stuck in an aero truck surrounded by hoods. Look on the bright side though, I'm sure you've got three pedals at least.

You guys see this?

https://www.facebook.com/jimmy.zirk/videos/1374466392568619/

https://www.facebook.com/BeerMoneyPullingTeam/posts/1267271856616551

This is the second 3 charger Cat to blow the block in half. I think if I were one of the other guys running a 3 charger setup on a 3406 I would be very leerily!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one that exploded last year or year before (Class Act)had been running that block for like 3 yrs. Even he said it was running on borrowed time.

Last edited:
The one that exploded last year or year before (Class Act)had been running that block for like 3 yrs. Even he said it was running on borrowed time.

Maybe there isn't because it's cast but do the blocks show signs of failure. I think I'd put a new block in the truck every season or every certain number of runs.

Maybe it makes no difference to these guys cause money is no object. But even if I could build one of those trucks, that'd be a career ender right there. That destroyed much more than just an engine block....

There were several catastrophic engine failures this weekend at BG. This one was the most impressive. I'm glad to see the cable on the front of the engine did its job. I'm with Faulkner, it's impressive how fast the big time pullers put blown up trucks/tractors back together.

Last edited:
There were several catastrophic engine failures this weekend at BG. This one was the most impressive. I'm glad to see the cable on the front of the engine did its job. I'm with Faulkner, it's impressive how fast the big time pullers put blown up trucks/tractors back together.

Imagine if that was a COE. Lmao

Maybe there isn't because it's cast but do the blocks show signs of failure. I think I'd put a new block in the truck every season or every certain number of runs.

Maybe it makes no difference to these guys cause money is no object. But even if I could build one of those trucks, that'd be a career ender right there. That destroyed much more than just an engine block....

Jacked up was 4 charger, block split in the exact same place as class act truck did, in the cam bore.

They need to get away from cam in block engines at that level and got to one without that weakness there. A guy by the name of hibbits put a sigma on the side of a C16 block with overhead cam, and they use the cyclone pump on john Deere pro stocks and I even believe fink has a gearbox to adapt to a Cummins accessory drive. No reason they can't go to an overhead cam engine.

Jacked up was 4 charger, block split in the exact same place as class act truck did, in the cam bore.

They need to get away from cam in block engines at that level and got to one without that weakness there. A guy by the name of hibbits put a sigma on the side of a C16 block with overhead cam, and they use the cyclone pump on john Deere pro stocks and I even believe fink has a gearbox to adapt to a Cummins accessory drive. No reason they can't go to an overhead cam engine.

What's that weird pump drive setup Hibbits used on that C16? Had the clear cover over it.

I have always wondered why the big time guys haven't gone to an overhead cam engine. It would seem to me there would be more potential for power.

I hate to see your Pete gone. It does make me feel a little better know I'm not the only one in here stuck in an aero truck surrounded by hoods. Look on the bright side though, I'm sure you've got three pedals at least.

Chit... My trucks not "gone". The day I have to drive this truck and know I have to keep it, I'll find something else to do. I absolutely hate it. No way in hell id ever accept a job running that truck everyday.

What happened to the Pete? Also what happened to flatbedding?

The 359 and the stepdeck was a long story. They weren't making the money they wanted as a company... Fired two people without notice, kept one and gave me the option to stay or go with a weeks time to decide. They told me what was going on and I didn't feel comfortable staying. The sold the 359 and parked all but one truck.

My boss now, which I've ran for before, found out and came to me wanting me to come back.

The 379 I'm in now, is in the shop for a couple weeks. So instead of not working I'm in our spare truck so everyone still makes money.
She'll be back.

Last edited:
Back