500hp/1000lb/ft-Cost to reach on Big 3

joefarmer said:
I'm not saying I have a 500hp truck, the point was that track times should not be correlated to dyno numbers.

Can you post your latest dyno sheet?

Thanks Greg- "Every truck on the road COULD do X if you added Y parts!! COULD and actually DOING are two different things ;)" is what I'm trying to say.

And as your avatar says....................

FIND X :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Get busy

Well my diesel shop loves fords but he blew his 6.0 and would not put another ford motor in it... That alone says a lot to me, he put a 05 5.9 in it with twins and thats that.

rhcdiesel said:
I am under the impression that any powerstroke with the same hp as the other 2 is faster. the stock tranny for the 6.0 can hold more hp and tq than the other 2 b4 haveing to mod, a CC 4x4 weighing in at 8000 lbs truck with just a 450$ tune will run 13.7 if tuned correctly, Now the 6litre is not proven itself to be the boss hogs like the Dodge and Chevy, but its time will come and it will be here sooner than most expect it!My prediction is that the fastest street truck will be a 6.0 within 1 year......
Let the **** talking begin:blahblah1: :shake:

Now right there... Is a man with a sense of humor! LOL :hehe: :rules:

BUT>>>>> heres the deal.... The last event I was at... My baddazz 12V Dodge was 11.8 @ 114mph >>>> & there was a Ford 6.0 ....QUICKER THAN ME!
(yes, I was Absofukkinglutely impressed)

How come nobody lists headstuds or anything of that nature because a 12 valve or vp truck wont last long at 500 hp without them. I know some people get away without them but i know i wouldnt want to drive one without them because my experience they blow at the worst time.

revolutiondsl said:
How come nobody lists headstuds or anything of that nature because a 12 valve or vp truck wont last long at 500 hp without them. I know some people get away without them but i know i wouldnt want to drive one without them because my experience they blow at the worst time.

Their almost like a given must have, at that point for reliability, Unless their a newbie and dont know any better it should be stated.

530/1050

I got there late!!! As usual...

But including all my mods, tranny and Labor.....I'm sitting right around $12K...

Yeah, I know....seems like a Lot......I met the Right people WAY too Late!! :doh:

Either Way, I happy Now!!

revolutiondsl said:

You can do 500 on a 12V without O rings, but I think thats pushing your luck.

If your tune is right, though, you can go WAY over 500 on stock headbolts.

how did I miss this thread the first time? I really don't see how you can leave tranny/clutch out of the equation :confused:

12v truck with a manual tranny... on my last 98 I did 535/1196 with:

DDP4 injectors - $650 used
sps62 turbo - $1200 used
old style ARP studs - $200 used
single disk clutch - $600
4k GSK - $100
valve springs - $100

Back