500hp/1000lb/ft-Cost to reach on Big 3

getblown5.9 said:
150hp DDP injectors $900
Silver bullet turbo $1500
TST COMP fueling box $500
Smarty $650

so $3550 on a 02 24v vp44 truck...you can throw in intake and exhaust if you want, but they dont really make power, just help keep EGT's down

Did that get you 500? Seems like it would get a bit more?

Nick

Dockboy said:
Yes I have:poke: In fact, I have probably seen and personally dynoed more trucks than you can possibly imagine!! :Cheer: And you can ask Kevin (Mech2161) how my 500 hp PSD dynoed and performed as he has seen it personally ;)

My 500 hp peak dyno sheets are 450+ hp from 2300 rpm to red line (3700 rpm) and flat has a table top on a Dynojet. Peak hp at 2600 rpm puts it at about 200+ more ft/lbs of torque. But don't get confused comparing Superflow graphs with Dynojet graphs ;) They are not the same!

Thats awesome! FWIW My results on a 248 and a Supeflow are really close.

Dynojet 248 507HP 1025TQ
Superflow 505 HP 1050TQ

Getting it over 500HP on Superflow was not to hard. Now on the 248 whole different ball game. I spent over a day messing around on the dyno. I will say that even though my peak power did not really change the tune from the DynoJet 248 is way more responsive. The Superflow can spool your turbo and hide bad tuning IMHO. For that badass it want to rip it shelf out from under feel the 248 is the way to go.:ft:

JOHNBOY said:
Thats awesome! FWIW My results on a 248 and a Supeflow are really close.

Dynojet 248 507HP 1025TQ
Superflow 505 HP 1050TQ

Getting it over 500HP on Superflow was not to hard. Now on the 248 whole different ball game. I spent over a day messing around on the dyno. I will say that even though my peak power did not really change the tune from the DynoJet 248 is way more responsive. The Superflow can spool your turbo and hide bad tuning IMHO. For that badass it want to rip it shelf out from under feel the 248 is the way to go.:ft:

Thanks and truer words haven't been spoken about the dyno's!!:Cheer:

NPloysa said:
Did that get you 500? Seems like it would get a bit more?

Nick

i need to revise it, it was actually

150hp DDP injectors $900
B1 turbo $850
TST COMP fueling box $500
Smarty $650

did 500.52/1021tq...just barely got there

7000 to build a GM trans?

Granted I did my own trans, but the parts were 2500, that was sun coast clutches, valves and such for the valve body and ATS 5 star converter.

Guess we are leaving out the original cost of the truck....Lets see, 5K for a used 12V+10K in parts if I go hog wild OR 35-40K for a Duramax/Cummins CR, guess we can forget about any new parts, already 20K over the cost of the 12V:poke:

Not speaking from experience, just having alittle fun, my 24V isn't 500HP yet, just in the 400's. I'm also basing this on what I've read in this thread. I also agree you can't, not count tranny upgrades. No stock tranny will handle that power, so if your tranny won't hold on the dyno, how can you prove that you ACTUALLY have 500HP:rules:

the only 12v's i have every found for 5k were salvage titles or so far beyond "worked hard" on a farm that it would require a frame off restoration to pass state inspection.

they are like gold nowadays, 98 12v's with 160k on the clock still sell for $15k

500 horses on a 12V?

Here is how ive done it..
Dragonfly injectors $960 dollars
Laser cut DVs $150 dollars
100 plate $000 dollars
Modded AFC $005 dollars
Valair Inc clutch $550 dollars
16.5 degrees tmg $000 dollars
Rips Twins $2000

grand total of $3640 with actual higher HP potential IMHO... that is high for a 12 V but i went overboard...

Rick

Perhaps the reason that he did not ask for prices on a trans is because he already knows how much it will costs to build a trans, or upgrade to a stronger clutch.....so let's give him a break?!

Cobra#3747 said:
7000 to build a GM trans?

Granted I did my own trans, but the parts were 2500, that was sun coast clutches, valves and such for the valve body and ATS 5 star converter.
agree 7k must be thinking about ats extreme......
i got a suncoast 4 installed out the door for 4400 minus billet input and out-put shafts from mike

efi live 550
banks bighead 200

total 5100 trap speed 100.75mph has been the fastest 6800 pound truck on number 2 sololy

malibu795 said:
i put a lift pump (200 bucks) on it will be..... mind you that 100mph was with a 2.2X 60' as well :poke:

...and if my grandma wasn't dead, she'd be alive. :bang Sorry man, if you're gonna post you have 500hp, then later post you would have 500hp if you changed something; you won't garner much respect around here. Of course, you may always post your dyno sheet and prove me wrong.

joefarmer said:
...and if my grandma wasn't dead, she'd be alive. :bang Sorry man, if you're gonna post you have 500hp, then later post you would have 500hp if you changed something; you won't garner much respect around here. Of course, you may always post your dyno sheet and prove me wrong.
I fully agree

60' really has no impact on mph

6800 pounds, better look for about 5-6 mph gain. Thats alot to expect from a lift pump, whats your rail pressure at the end?

My truck is 7200# and runs 104.xx

i did 519 and turned a best of 100.6mph last weekend, but thats with a 6spd and from what i gather i should be around 105-107 with an automatic (very similar truck that had almost same dyno numbers previously had run mid 12's at 107)

getblown5.9 said:
the only 12v's i have every found for 5k were salvage titles or so far beyond "worked hard" on a farm that it would require a frame off restoration to pass state inspection.

they are like gold nowadays, 98 12v's with 160k on the clock still sell for $15k

I bought mine for 5K, but it was a salvaged titled, had been worked to death, had 250K, and the prevous owner was deported :bang it has run like a champ so far though :rockwoot:

joefarmer said:
true.... i believe i am doing 500 with out a lift pump and will be solidly in the 500s with a lift pump... and the fact the wheel speed is 4-7mph faster than ground speed vs time slip going across the white line.... mean to me i need to too save for some slicks...... to break 101+mph

first/last dyno sheet i have is from redding... back in june at 450 (rich maddog did not do torque for some reason for any of the trucks). every one was saying they were ~10-15% low on power.
i havent had a chance to dyno again yet.... so really all i got is time slips

a dyno is a tuning tool and all are different.... track is were it is at and the trap speed depics hp... NO?

btw my race weight vairy between 6800-7300 depending on how much fuel (up to 94gl) i have onboard..... and i have raced at 7300 pounds and done 100.XX trap speed with out a lift pump........ fault me is you want to i stand by my claim..... 500 with out a lift pump and over 500 with one

Cobra#3747 said:
60' really has no impact on mph

6800 pounds, better look for about 5-6 mph gain. Thats alot to expect from a lift pump, whats your rail pressure at the end?

My truck is 7200# and runs 104.xx
i got that in the logs via efi live.... 21-22k across the line

once the tires are spinning it hard to get them hooked again while accelerating

Back