Banks rumors and myths

so after reading six pages of this my banks stickers are not worth 100rwhp each?......................my shop refridgerator will be so disappointed

so after reading six pages of this my banks stickers are not worth 100rwhp each?......................my shop refridgerator will be so disappointed

You stuck those on your fridge? Those aren't even worth using when you run out of TP.

If it's a hard part, which it is, it's probably a pretty decent piece.

Banks hard parts are pretty well built and designed, but they really like to think they are the only ones capable of doing this stuff.

From here:
http://www.bankspower.com/bankspeed.cfm

I read this to mean that they only set records to make money.
We don’t set records for the glory; we set them for the purpose of producing the most extreme high-performance parts for our customers’ own race vehicles.

I didn't know diesel tuning was black magic.
Our newest addition to the racing arsenal is the BankSpeed Tuner, which essentially puts an end to the black magic of diesel tuning.

Gee thanks Gale, I guess all the records you set were done with stock vehicles with stock parts and stock tuning. I'm sure I can bolt on one of these parts and go break records myself, unless of course you don't make anything like this for my truck. :umno:
I have opened the engineering vault here at Banks so that racers can own a piece of the record-setting capability for which the Banks name is known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CumminAtYa
If it's a hard part, which it is, it's probably a pretty decent piece.

Banks hard parts are pretty well built and designed, but they really like to think they are the only ones capable of doing this stuff.

From here:
http://www.bankspower.com/bankspeed.cfm

I read this to mean that they only set records to make money.

Quote:
We don’t set records for the glory; we set them for the purpose of producing the most extreme high-performance parts for our customers’ own race vehicles.

I didn't know diesel tuning was black magic.

Quote:
Our newest addition to the racing arsenal is the BankSpeed Tuner, which essentially puts an end to the black magic of diesel tuning.

Gee thanks Gale, I guess all the records you set were done with stock vehicles with stock parts and stock tuning. I'm sure I can bolt on one of these parts and go break records myself, unless of course you don't make anything like this for my truck.

Quote:
I have opened the engineering vault here at Banks so that racers can own a piece of the record-setting capability for which the Banks name is known.

You are just focused on the diesel motorsport side of GBE and not the whole company. We are currently testing the diesel products in the Type-D. Some are for sale now and others you will see for sale when we are happy with the performance. Sorry if it is not fast enough for you. Gale has been selling gasoline race parts for years, so I really don't think you can't say that he doesn't sell his race parts. Also, engine calibration is "black magic" to many people. Maybe it's not to you, but remember there are a ton of "engine calibrators" out there that truely don't have a clue and just keep tweeking until it's faster. We are just trying to make it easier. Bash the company all you want, but it seems you are missing some information.

Last edited:
You are just focused on the diesel motorsport side of GBE and not the whole company. We are currently testing the diesel products in the Type-D. Some are for sale now and others you will see for sale when we are happy with the performance. Sorry if it is not fast enough for you. Gale has been selling gasoline race parts for years, so I really don't think you can't say that he doesn't sell his race parts. Also, engine calibration is "black magic" to many people. Maybe it's not to you, but remember there are a ton of "engine calibrators" out there that truely don't have a clue and just keep tweeking until it's faster. We are just trying to make it easier. Bash the company all you want, but it seems you are missing some information.

No information missing. I grew up right around the corner from the Banks compound. I know full well who Gale Banks is and what he and his company have done. My problem in the post you quoted is the unabashed arrogance of Gale himself. I don't see why it is so hard for the Banks loyalists to see this.

I have congratualed the racing team, and remain in awe of their accomplishments.

As I have posted in this thread and others, my experience with GBE has been plagued with decent, contempt, arrogance and unprofessional behavior.

As for the diesel performance parts, we shall see. On numerous occasions it has been shown that GBE's claims of being the first or best at most things are at the least exaggerations. But it doesn't matter to me much. It is quite clear that GBE does not consider me a customer, or even a potential customer. They are not interested in my money or my business. My truck and my needs are not worth the time to GBE. I guess I really should just shut up and go talk to a company who wants my business.

I'm out. :Cheer: to all.

Banks had nothing to do with the development of the Duramax, it was and still is a partnership between Isuzu and GM.

iirc as of 03 GM own all rights to the "duramax" and isuzu help design the LB7 dmax.. GM has been on its own with the rest LLY, LBZ, LMM motors

Back