Banks rumors and myths

Man this is some funny stuff.:hehe:

ok so here is mine.

My girl friends dad has a 97 Power Stroke with all the Banks stuff on it. He thinks it's the badest thing to ever drive on the roads. Every time we get into the conversation of trucks or diesels, he tells me how he would walk all over me with his Ford. I have told him some of what I have done to the truck and 500+hp has been mentioned a few times to him. I told him, "fine, lets go race". So far he just gives me this funny look and then changes the subject. I need to get him to a local dyno event some time to show him how awesome his truck really is.:kick:

some poor guy came up to our shop a few weeks back with his "banks" story...bad thing was he got screwed both ways: He bought the big bad banks bundle for his 01 dodge with auto...he also bought a performance torque converter to handle all that power...the shop that installed it charged him a total of $5000 (before anyone second guesses this, yes i saw the receipts)

needless to say, he wasn't very impressed and brought it to us to get another opinion on...after we apologized for bursting out in laughter because the claims banks and "the other shop" had made, we gave him some other ideas for alternative ways to make more power for less money...

he ended up taking all the stuff off the truck and is currently getting a lawyer to settle the dispute with the other shop...in the mean time he is rolling with an afe intake, performance exhaust, and edge attitude w/juice...he has come by multiple times to thank us for helping him during what he calls his "brain lapse..."

jbarker@banks said:
Banks Test results:
LLY
http://www.bankspower.com/Test_Results_AC10.cfm

LB7
http://www.bankspower.com/Test_Results_AC09.cfm

I have no idea where the 500hp is coming from. This is on our web site and all of our catalogs.

My buddy has dealt with the sales and engineering staff at GBE. He has even toured the compound. He is a cop in the area and as such has met a few of you guys personally. He is one of those people who always seems to know someone who can hook him up. He is a good guy and an honest man. He got a great deal on the parts, some of them were blems.

The 500hp claims, and the claims that the Allison can handle all the power came from BANKS SALES AND ENGINEERING PERSONNEL. I exchanged a few emails with one of the engineers myself at the time thinking he might be able to help me with something like a BHA, or maybe exhaust. Even with a buddy discount and buying blems directly from the factory I can get a better deal on better parts.

So to you jbarker, the claims came from your fellow employees, probably someone sitting right near you. These claims include:
500hp
Allison does not need to be upgraded, can handle power
Banks has never had any problems with Allisons on any of their truck and they abuse them
GM partnered with GBE to design the Duramax.
GBE tests all their products against all their competition and they have NEVER been beating.
GM is rumored to soon be offering Banks packages as factory installed options.

As an aside jbarker care to comment Maddog's Dakota story? We know the Dakota was there, and we know it ran 12.167 something, why does your website claim "That was good enough to make it the quickest diesel pickup at the event." and "We learned something else too: Banks' business competitors like to talk, but when it came time to actually run at a sanctioned event, they were nowhere to be found." Big claims for a truck that seems to be absent from competition and is slower than MANY daily driven pickup trucks that weigh a LOT more than it. Care to comment?

louisianarebel said:
Wow banks people are here! Bout time yall try to help yalls name.

The sad part of all this is that GBE definately has something to offer the diesel performance market. They do make some quality products and for many their package are great. Unfortunately they present a VERY arrogant front and their prices reflect this. Image is important, and they are running on borrowed time with their "we are the one and only and the best" company line. As the exposure to more and more diesel performance increases more and more people will be discovering alternatives. The word will spread and more and more people will realize they can get more for less elsewhere. Banks used to have an advantage over most of the competition, this is minimal now and arguable non existent. The US auto makers used to have this same attitude, look at them now.

thetonka said:
As an aside jbarker care to comment Maddog's Dakota story? We know the Dakota was there, and we know it ran 12.167 something, why does your website claim "That was good enough to make it the quickest diesel pickup at the event." and "We learned something else too: Banks' business competitors like to talk, but when it came time to actually run at a sanctioned event, they were nowhere to be found." Big claims for a truck that seems to be absent from competition and is slower than MANY daily driven pickup trucks that weigh a LOT more than it. Care to comment?
Dude you're just wasting your time asking that. I asked banks boy barker the same stuff over on powerstroke.org after he questioned the lie I spoke of in a post....I replied to it with that information, and I know he saw it because he replied to a post after I replied that was made before mine. Barker - keep on dodging the question - we're all going to keep bashing banks and spreading the word to the uneducated to stay away from them - That is until ya'll start fessing up to the bs and stop hiding like a little bia when we call out one of ya'lls little claims....that's weak....

we're all going to keep bashing banks

Why was that again? Oh yeah, cause they're not the only one in the diesel game anymore, and you can now get twice the power of their products for half the price? That's right. Forgot for a second. ;)

The truth is, everyone would probably really like Banks if they would stop making such idiotic claims and statements that all hardcore diesel heads know are pure BS. Truthfully, they make a quality product that makes decent power, and is pretty safe for a daily driver to run. And you don't really hear about a lot of 'em with problems. But those are characteristics that many $400 dollar tuners have these days, so who wants to pay a grand-plus for one? And also, they'll eventually find out that all those lies (best, fastest, most power, best mpg etc.) are really hurting them more than help.

I sent a pm to the other Banks guy on here (peteT?) and he said he was not there and the guy who was driving was no longer with them. He said he'd look into it though. I gave him the Banks link with their claims as well as the one where Richard said it was bs and his truck ran an 11.7? as well as the Banks crew wouldn't race him.

I still think that we can try all we want to get them to fess up and change that page - if it really is a fact, which I don't see why it would be made up by anyone - but I doubt they do much about it, they are all just stuck up like that....like I said, they could brown nose an astronaut. It's just up to us to continue to be the real informers for those that are new to the game, if we can catch them before the big glossy ads. The people that actually have experience running a wide variety of products are the ones that can actually vouch for them....instead of one big company saying "were the best and everyone else sucks...and we outperform 'em all!" Give me a break....

Oh yeah, where's PeterT or banks boy Barker to give us an update on the Type-whatevertheywannacallittoday as well as continue to ignore our tough questions??:eek:wned: :hehe:

ARbowhunter7 said:
Why was that again? Oh yeah, cause they're not the only one in the diesel game anymore, and you can now get twice the power of their products for half the price? That's right. Forgot for a second. ;)

The truth is, everyone would probably really like Banks if they would stop making such idiotic claims and statements that all hardcore diesel heads know are pure BS. Truthfully, they make a quality product that makes decent power, and is pretty safe for a daily driver to run. And you don't really hear about a lot of 'em with problems. But those are characteristics that many $400 dollar tuners have these days, so who wants to pay a grand-plus for one? And also, they'll eventually find out that all those lies (best, fastest, most power, best mpg etc.) are really hurting them more than help.

Exactly!:rockwoot: :clap:

I would love to see a real head to head conducted by an independent group pitting Banks against competitors other than just BullyDog and Edge.

Rodram2002 said:
I remember watching Trucks TV a while back and they had a thing on there about Banks and they said several times.....500hp.

I think the 500hp claims on TV and in some circles are flywheel. With a 25% loss through the typical Auto trans, that would make more sense (375hp at the wheels). Even though that might even be a stretch from what I've seen. Nonetheless, most of us don't care about flywheel power. I wanna know what hits the pavement or dirt.

Rodram2002 said:
Man this is some funny stuff.:hehe:

ok so here is mine.

My girl friends dad has a 97 Power Stroke with all the Banks stuff on it. He thinks it's the badest thing to ever drive on the roads. Every time we get into the conversation of trucks or diesels, he tells me how he would walk all over me with his Ford. I have told him some of what I have done to the truck and 500+hp has been mentioned a few times to him. I told him, "fine, lets go race". So far he just gives me this funny look and then changes the subject. I need to get him to a local dyno event some time to show him how awesome his truck really is.:kick:

Hey man whatta ya got against '97 Powerstrokes LOL

I'll take him for a ride in mine once I get the new turbo and intercooler in... hopefully in the next couple weeks. Then he can go for a ride in your truck, then Reloaded or the Rocket... yea that'll open his eyes.

My truck runs pretty decent, but no where near where you the rest of our gang are at... your GF's dad needs a lesson LOL

Rodram2002 said:
I remember watching Trucks TV a while back and they had a thing on there about Banks and they said several times.....500hp.

Not to mention the twin turbo Dmax they claimed laid down 750hp, I don't even think that is possible with just twins and programming and two intercoolers. I am pretty sure they didn't do anything to the injectors... Obviously the Dmax can do that and then some, but not with what they did to it.

CumminAtYa said:
Dude you're just wasting your time asking that. I asked banks boy barker the same stuff over on powerstroke.org after he questioned the lie I spoke of in a post....I replied to it with that information, and I know he saw it because he replied to a post after I replied that was made before mine. Barker - keep on dodging the question - we're all going to keep bashing banks and spreading the word to the uneducated to stay away from them - That is until ya'll start fessing up to the bs and stop hiding like a little bia when we call out one of ya'lls little claims....that's weak....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
CumminAtYa and thetonka:

I wanted to add to what you guys have already posted.

The story of Richard Madsen (MADDOG) approaching Old Gale at the 2003 "ATS Truckfest" to race is TRUE! I was there and Old Gale gave Richard some half-azzed excuse on why they wouldn't do it. It was lame to say the least.......................................................................

There is also a "rumor" that Old Gale was absolutely "LIVID" when Scott Bentz posted that video of their Bentz Dragster stomping the heck out of the Banks LSR Truck!:hehe: Here is the funny thing now fellas,.....that video on "youtube.com" which I will post below is "no longer available".................
I heard that GBE had it "blocked" because of the embarassment it has caused Old Gale.........AWWWWWWWWW,.......TOOO BAD Gale,.....YOU LOST!!!!!
Get over it.......................................................................

Here is the video link which as of yesterday still didn't work:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-bN0-Lba2zE

Now, for any of the CompD Members that still want to see this video as PROOF you can do the following:

1.) Go to Scott and Dustin Bentzs' Website at: www.cumminsracing.com.

2.) Once on the home page, there is a menu to the left. Click in "Videos."

3.) Once in the "Videos Section" scroll down near the bottom and you will see
links to "2003 ATS Truckfest, Bandimere." Click on the video that says:
"Bentz Dragster vs Banks LSR Truck."

Now for those that will say,...."That is not a fair race, it is a dragster going against a diesel pickup truck." True,.....BUT, it was BANKS OWN CREW that looked right at me in their pit area and said; "Our LSR Truck will beat that Bentz Dragster today." So,.....what are we talking about here anyway????:hehe:

---------
John_P

Back