Dt360 2008 f450

looking awesome. I really want to do this swap one day.
just need to hit the loto first i guess lol

Almost awesome...put the motor back in and the oil pan hits the crossmember now...back out and more grinding.

:doh::doh::doh:

And I'm doing this swap as cheap as possible. I'm hoping to come in at $5k or less for round 1.

Round 2 with a built motor will be later on whenever I feel like it.

Work looks good. What are you going to do with the mess of ford wiring? Just tuck it all somewhere?

uggg....I don't want to think about that yet. Likely leave most of it in place since the harnesses seem to be a mixed bag of things, so a major job if I want to start separating out wires to delete. Likely do a tuck and hide maneuver once everything's back in. ;):Cheer:

Interested to see how the transmission works out. My ZF5 took a dump. I'm not replacing it with another light duty pickup transmission.

Interested to see how the transmission works out. My ZF5 took a dump. I'm not replacing it with another light duty pickup transmission.

Ya the spicer is rated to 50,000 lbs gvw...should be ok, not to mention the gear ratios are perfectly spaced unlike light duty stuff.

:rockwoot:

How do i get in touch with them? And don't hate me! Not my fault i stumbled upon a deal! Haha there's 3 more in Springfield, Ohio.

for the same price? i dont even have a project lined up yet but a cheap motor to clean up and stick on the stand.... hmmm

That's part of the reason I'm going with a medium duty trans. I've got SAE flywheels and housings, and a factory dual disc clutch rated at 1200 lb/ft is $500.00

Installed....crappy vid...but it's running off the ford tank. Next up plug in all the hoses and put the body back on. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ4fEHrwb64"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ4fEHrwb64[/ame]

Good day today...finally found all the metric adapters to make the air/hydraulic slave cylinder work.

Then I went to Pats Driveline to grab the yoke I ordered in to take my giant tranny yoke down to 1480 yokes, next question was how much to make a small shaft for the divorced transfer case. He asked what tcase....I said for the nv273...he goes oh ya like the kodiak version, I have those in stock.

I says pardon? In stock?

1/4 the price I thought I was going to have to pay and picked it up same day. #winning

DSC_1014_zpst3dizgwq.jpg

Back