Drag truck/Street toy build

Tcs aremet here. Twisted the splines a little on the sonnax one that was in it before.

Thanks, I've only got a 2200 stall lol I love this Goerend converter and Firepunk full manual VB. I just wish the input would of let me snake a pass. I'm leaning towards the TCS.

00C5DC02_zpsbe09d4f3.jpg

First full pass down the track was ok. The air quality was sh!t. It was over 9000DA. I'm trying to get back to the Wednesday for some runs. I had terrible traction issues the entire track so I haven't sprayed it yet but atleast I can see it's makin decent power from the trap. After I get the traction issues figured out I'll see how fast it'll go. I have some videos too but I'm not sure how to post them.

Thanks. I'll get some drag radials for it but until then what are you guys that run 420s running for pressure in them? I had the fronts at 27 and the rears at 25 in this run.

Some guys have been running 20-25 psi in the front, but every tire, and every wheel aren't the same. I've heard horror stories about guys smoking the wall after lowering tire pressure too low. I'm going to mark my tires and wheels so I can track slippage as I lower the pressure.

Last edited:
Some guys have been running 20-25 psi in the front, but every tire, and every wheel aren't the same. I've heard horror stories about guys smoking the wall after lowering tire pressure too low. I'm going to mark my tires and wheels so I can track slippage as I lower the pressure.

Thanks, I tried them anywhere from 22-30psi and it just spins. The worn out stock posi wasn't helping either. Spool and dot slicks should do the trick.:evil

CA17BCD2_zps8bc82860.jpg

45B117C1_zpsa61c8557.jpg

Got back to the track. It'll go a lot faster still but I need to learn how to drive it. Lol this manual VB is hard to get used to. I ordered a shift light today. Driving it off of sound is not easy. It went 10.5 at 131.4 on fuel with a soft launch. I bet it'll run low 10's on fuel. Then I'll spray it.

216582DE_zpsb3b7ac73.jpg

Wow! great job! really been fun watching this build.

Thanks man. It's come a long way. And for it's 5th pass I was happy with it. I really want that 9 though. Some seat time and she'll be there. This winter it'll get a 13mm pump too but for now I'm happy with a 10.50 and a 12mm street truck.

Thanks guys. I think I can get it into the 1.4's. I was playing with tire pressure and launching at different boost levels but the track prep was awful. With that and the shift light I think it will be close to a 10.0 on fuel. I'm pretty pumped. 12mm pump, ECLB, in street trim LOL

Awesome build, beautiful truck and great times!

How well do those chargers light for ya? Spool up fuel only?

Thanks. Yea they spool awesome! I had a nitrous purge for incase I needed help spooling but I got rid of it. I test at 8000+ ft elevation and I was really surprised how well they did. I'm running a 2200 stall and it's easy to street drive. Hell I kinda want to hook it up to a trailer just to see how it tows lol

Last edited:
Back