Beware of Maxtorq

Was their a dialogue about the deck of the block?

Yes made mention of it. Checked it too it was flat too, block was bottoms tapped and cleaned up. Head was torq'd to spec then checked again after hot. Cummins gasket used as well.

Last edited:
Yes there is. I didn't believe it and decided to give him a chance being a smaller operation. I know how hard it is to start a business so I figured I'd help him out and look where it gets me, out a motor, a seal on my transmission, and efi live tuning payments.

Yup. And now not taking responsibility for issues involving his work. But IM being called the liar... I'm sorry but I'm an honest person making an honest living. Actually no I'm not sorry, I help people when I can and do what I can for them and I am the one gettin screwed. I know of 5 or so other people not part of this forum, 3 of which I've talked to personally, he's made lies and excuses to.

When you said cracks I thought you meant far WORSE than the minor cracks that are found in most castings. Something small wouldn't cause any issues and not warp a head. Thought it was worse than you described after. My bad.

No problem Three. But it's the reason I had it looked over by a 3rd party and evaluated for a cause of failure, and it only points to lying about the trueness of the head and block, or install error. If he'd just take responsibility for the issue I wouldn't even be upset, but as it sits, I'm out 3800 for the repairs and a motor and I don't see him takin responsibility for it. Just like I don't see him doing anything about the Trans issue, or the faulty EFI. I understand he is saying another company did the EFI for it, but he should have noticed that it wasn't doing anything when he test drove it and made it right with me.

I can't see Zach doing you wrong on the tuning. I have used Zach for approximately 30 tunes in the last year and have only met the guy once. Never had any issues with his product being at fault. Think he may be being used as the scapegoat.

I agree ^. The stock file I had to get from another company, had to get one that had the recent updates and federal something (I have it written down but don't remember off the top of my head). Either way, when the tuning was installed, whether the fault be on Zach's side or Rob's, Rob should have spoken up about it when he installed and drove the pickup. Driving it should have told him in itself that nothing was different hence raising a red flag for Rob.

So Rob do you plan on doing anything about any of this? I'm trying to be civil with you and not have to go thru court, but it's your call.

So, to reiterate for my own benefit......has a modified truck, twins, programmer, sled pulled twice, and tows heavy....lifted head and/or blew head gasket...doesn't opt to fix/replace a head that has cracks....then b1tches about the repairs not lasting.

My advice is to put a block of wood under your pedal when you are anything but bobtail and stop lifting your head. $.02

I'm confused by the EFI portion of it. Stock files can be had here. If the software and tune file version aren't compatible, it wont let you load it. Sounds like you ended up getting an autocal to remedy the situation?

So, to reiterate for my own benefit......has a modified truck, twins, programmer, sled pulled twice, and tows heavy....lifted head and/or blew head gasket...doesn't opt to fix/replace a head that has cracks....then b1tches about the repairs not lasting.

My advice is to put a block of wood under your pedal when you are anything but bobtail and stop lifting your head. $.02

4x4 I didn't opt to fix it because I was told they are normal cracks and most castings have them, they weren't big cracks, they were your average micro crack. They wouldn't be enough to cause the head and block to warp by any means. Go back and read the other pages, after the repairs the pickup never saw over 27psi of boost

I'm confused by the EFI portion of it. Stock files can be had here. If the software and tune file version aren't compatible, it wont let you load it. Sounds like you ended up getting an autocal to remedy the situation?

The person who did the tuning tried getting one there. We also tried one from Starlight, neither worked. Ended up buying the correct file from ATP and they emailed it over and it worked. Idk much about the computer stuff but was trying to find the file I was told I needed by the tuner.

If you've already taken legal action. Why are you posting your laundry here?

I have gotten legal advice and I was nice enough to offer Rob the chance to make it right on a civil note vs going to court and making things get ugly. I've been trying to be polite about it and give him as much fair opportunity as I possibly can. I'm not out to destroy his business, I just want him to take responsibility for his mistakes.

I'm not out to destroy his business, I just want him to take responsibility for his mistakes.

By posting on a website with 45,013 members, 177,766 threads, and 2,425,708 posts and comprised of a huge group of the most prominent names in the industry?

:hehe:

I'm playing devil's advocate here. Not saying who is right and who is wrong. But I will tell you this....every time I've done something half-assed...I've paid the consequences. $.02

And like I said before, the cracks were nothing out of the ordinary. If it was brought up as being a potential big deal, the head would have been replaced, but AGAIN, even with the micro cracks, that doesn't explain the head and block warping as normal cracks alone are not anywhere near enough to make them warp to the extent they did in the amount of miles they have.

If they were a big issue and caused the warping, the block and head woulda warped during the 2 hooks, with stock head bolts, NOT during driving with under 27psi of boost and being babied.

Back