Beware of Maxtorq

That's what I was wondering. Either Rob didn't check it like he said he did, this guy drove the piss out of it like he said he didn't, or Obama did it.
Which was why I was letting them talk. If people talk long enough they **** up.

Who is saying you hot rodded it? A blown gasket and a load can get things hot quick. I'd really just like to know how you warp a head by improper torque so I know what not to do.

Who is saying you hot rodded it? A blown gasket and a load can get things hot quick. I'd really just like to know how you warp a head by improper torque so I know what not to do.
You get pissed and pull the head while it's hot.

TheBigNasty - you just proved my point. Why would a BRAND NEW head gasket blow when the head was just studded??? And btw I don't think a 30' gooseneck and a Shelby mustang is much of a "load" lol I can damn well garuntee I didn't drive the piss out of it. No if ands or buts about that.

And Biggy, you'd be correct. Do I know if Rob did that or not? No. But I can garuntee I didn't touch it because I've never pulled the head on that pickup, ever. Only heads I've pulled was a 01 head on a pickup I had, and a 97 on another pickup I had

If they were a big issue and caused the warping, the block and head woulda warped during the 2 hooks, with stock head bolts, NOT during driving with under 27psi of boost and being babied.

Anything over stock shouldn't have a warranty? Idk who does provide a warranty on that kinda work

Plus i don't know why I'd go hot rodding around with a trailer on in the first place. The dodge didn't get driven but once or twice a month. If I wanted to hot rod around, I woulda done that in the faster, quicker, more fun, 650hp Duramax

Big money guy like you why are you even worried about it.

What's the machine shop say about the head. I am sure there is a RO for the head. I would not warrant a job like that, nor can you wrap a head with a tq process.

So did the studs get the re-torque they're suppose to get? Or was this a hell ya got my truck and off you went?

Anything over stock shouldn't have a warranty? Idk who does provide a warranty on that kinda work

Shouldn't involve "warranty" only having 2500 miles on his "fix" he says they were true when he checked them but I find it hard to believe.

Big money guy like you why are you even worried about it.

I don't have my money by wasting it on pointless fixes. If imma get my stuff fixed and drop $4k I want it fixed right.

What's the machine shop say about the head. I am sure there is a RO for the head. I would not warrant a job like that, nor can you wrap a head with a tq process.

They said there's no way the micro cracks caused the warping. They said when they looked at it, it looks as tho someone took it apart, replaced the gasket and put it back on and said **** it.

So did the studs get the re-torque they're suppose to get? Or was this a hell ya got my truck and off you went?

That would be a question for Rob, he did the studs and gasket and all of it. He said it was ready and to take it easy for awhile and that's what I did.

To the guys talking about the hooks, the 2 hooks were BEFORE the fix, not after. I find it hard, again, to believe that the head and block didn't warp during the pulls but did after he touched it and it's "not his fault"

Shouldn't involve "warranty" only having 2500 miles on his "fix" he says they were true when he checked them but I find it hard to believe.

I don't have my money by wasting it on pointless fixes. If imma get my stuff fixed and drop $4k I want it fixed right.

They said there's no way the micro cracks caused the warping. They said when they looked at it, it looks as tho someone took it apart, replaced the gasket and put it back on and said **** it.

That would be a question for Rob, he did the studs and gasket and all of it. He said it was ready and to take it easy for awhile and that's what I did.

To the guys talking about the hooks, the 2 hooks were BEFORE the fix, not after. I find it hard, again, to believe that the head and block didn't warp during the pulls but did after he touched it and it's "not his fault"

I meant the initial install.

Oh gotcha. I don't know what they said. I wasn't even aware it was taken to another shop the first time till rob said something about it on here.

I'm not taking sides.....but the first person to bring me a few cases of Coors Extra Gold from Golden, CO gets my vote.

Back