12v cummins going in to 02 f250 super duty

if he has a 271 transfer case, wouldnt he have a 271 input shaft? just asking

I used a Advanced adapter to mate my np273 to my nv4500 about $400. I had to get font and rear shafts altered. make sure they alter the front part of the rear shaft!!!

The ford nv271 case his truck has uses a different spline count input then that dodge 271 found in the 3rd gens. You buy the dodge input shaft and swap it into the ford case. It bolts right up.

Why did you get an adapter?

YOU WILL NEED TO GET THE DRIVE SHAFTS ALTERED. I have a 5600, we cut about 4" out of the front portion of the rear shaft. Also had the front axle shaft made new to lengthen it, reused the old ends.

The ford nv271 case his truck has uses a different spline count input then that dodge 271 found in the 3rd gens. You buy the dodge input shaft and swap it into the ford case. It bolts right up.

Why did you get an adapter?

YOU WILL NEED TO GET THE DRIVE SHAFTS ALTERED. I have a 5600, we cut about 4" out of the front portion of the rear shaft. Also had the front axle shaft made new to lengthen it, reused the old ends.

I thought if i get adapter then i dont need to mess with my drive shafts.

I found only one location for input shaft at dodge dealer and they want $260 and i have to wait for 2-3 weeks to get it. Do you know any other place where i can get one faster?

sorry to jack a thread but ive made my own with 0 help, im doing my 12v swap with nv4500 and wanting to run the ford 273 transfercase and i have the dodge 29 spline input but the od of the dodge output is alot smaller than the ford bearing id is and my dad mic'd everything and called the biggest bearing supplier in the area with all the specs and they told us nothing exist's are you all getting a input with a different od that what i have or what because this is my only major setback as im ready to start mockup and make my trans mount etc.

i dont have them here with me their wrote down at my dads shop ive just got the dimension's i need for a bearing which are 1.968 id, 3.937 od, and .826 thick

i dont have them here with me their wrote down at my dads shop ive just got the dimension's i need for a bearing which are 1.968 id, 3.937 od, and .826 thick

can you get some pics of bouth of them, I heard from a lot of people that it's fits right on. Are you sure you have the 29 spline from 273? I have 29 spline from 96 dodge ram and it has the same problem, so now I am looking for 271 from 2003 and up dodge and I can't find it anywhere cheaper than $260 and 2 weeks shipping. If anyone have it or knows where to buy cheaper let me know.

come to find out thats was my problem my input ended up being from a 241 so im going to call around tomorrow for the correct input

found a place online that lists them for $169 so i will be calling them tomorrow and hopefully they will be in stock

Got my motor mounts done yesterday.
IMG_18033.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_18053.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_18063.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_18073.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_18113.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_18123.jpg