March Texas Diesel Shootout - March 11th

i talked some guys from the San Antonio area into bringing some trucks out for the shootouts this year.. They will be here for this event!

Scott I have seen the pics was hoping you could PM me what they run and looks like the one you got is for mounting in front of the charger do they make smaller ones? I was looking at installing mine post CAC.

They retail for like $450. I got a pretty good deal on mine. They make them in 4 & 5 inch. Really don't think you'd want it post cac. Pre turbo cuts off air to charger, shutting down motor. I think if the chargers were still pulling and pushing air it would either blow the shut off open or mess some **** up idk

if you blow/burn a boot and the engine is running away, it'll continue to run away if it's got an air source...

pre-turbo is going to work 99.999% of the time, but pre-plenum is preferred IMO

Yeah I just worry about ever blowing a charger housing apart and still feeding oil and air was my thought on it. Just thought it would be less likely to experience some sort of failure that could render it useless.

Looks like Forrest beat me...

Last edited:
Guess I'll have to wash my truck and show up.
Might even make a pass if I get my new tuning toy figured out by then.

I'll bring the tires off the Fordota and we can put them on it since I'm not using them. LOL

Back