March Texas Diesel Shootout - March 11th

Got my trans. apart.
Intermediate shaft broke.
Should have it fixed shortly.

Looking forward to running it soon.
I have the need for some TORQUE........

Got the cal tracs on last night so maybe I can hook now. I'm excited to do some racing! I'm holding to get into the 12's. Where is a good place to buy a helmet?

What time is this going to kick off Friday night? i work friday and will be heading up to mineral wells for Dans sled pull he is putting on at Valair sat morning so i was thinking about taking off the 11th and make a weekend out of it. but with fuel prices taking off i may not be able cause thats a lot of miles in two totaly different directions... but my triple disc should be in the truck by then and i need to get a few runs in before ennis to feel it out. not gonna stand a chance again you guy but i'm only trying to beat my own times..

Got the cal tracs on last night so maybe I can hook now. I'm excited to do some racing! I'm holding to get into the 12's. Where is a good place to buy a helmet?

If your just wanting cheap walmart sells a full face with visor that isn't horrible for under 100 I have a couple of full face helmets if you need to borrow one I'll be there and your welcome to use one.

Make sure it is Snell rated. I got mine at the Honda dealer for my motorcycle and use it to race too. I think it was $150.

Creed I met your brother the other night. And i need to just buck up and go get one but if I haven't been able to then I'll let you know before the race.

Last edited:
Unless you know your size for the manufacturer i wouldn't buy online. I have owned several helmets and sizes vary a lot from one manufacturer to another. Go test fit some and if you want then buy it online if bargain shopping.

What time is this going to kick off Friday night? i work friday and will be heading up to mineral wells for Dans sled pull he is putting on at Valair sat morning so i was thinking about taking off the 11th and make a weekend out of it. but with fuel prices taking off i may not be able cause thats a lot of miles in two totaly different directions... but my triple disc should be in the truck by then and i need to get a few runs in before ennis to feel it out. not gonna stand a chance again you guy but i'm only trying to beat my own times..

Come on down! Our house isn't close to the track but it is between the track and Mineral Well's if you and the wife want to spend the night. Im sure the wife would have no problem with putting you guys up in the guest room.

Come on down! Our house isn't close to the track but it is between the track and Mineral Well's if you and the wife want to spend the night. Im sure the wife would have no problem with putting you guys up in the guest room.

Ill look at the schedule and see if there is a spot i can take off.. ill let you know.... tomorrow or thursday

Back