Sheid Diesel Rules 2010????

I wish I had a dime for every time you guys ***** about 2.6 rules. Shew wee I'd be a billionaire! If you don't like them then don't pull if not then STFU and pull.....simple

i dont really understand the 2.8 rules. they allow open rear ends that are under 102'' from outside tire to outside tire, but i have seen some dual set ups on 1 ton axles that dont meet the 102'' rule. i have a 106 in my truck that has spring perches on that will bolt in just like a 1 ton rear, but with my dual set up i dont have rear brakes. and i guess that means i cant pull 2.8 since it says ''must have 4 wheel hydraulic brakes''. i think if they allow open rears then it should be front brakes only mandatory. i dont see how anyone could tuck duals in to fit under the 102'' max and still get brakes on there. if someone has a pic with a f106 with duals and full brakes on a pulling truck i'd like to see it, seems like it would be a big pain in the ass...

i dont really understand the 2.8 rules. they allow open rear ends that are under 102'' from outside tire to outside tire, but i have seen some dual set ups on 1 ton axles that dont meet the 102'' rule. i have a 106 in my truck that has spring perches on that will bolt in just like a 1 ton rear, but with my dual set up i dont have rear brakes. and i guess that means i cant pull 2.8 since it says ''must have 4 wheel hydraulic brakes''. i think if they allow open rears then it should be front brakes only mandatory. i dont see how anyone could tuck duals in to fit under the 102'' max and still get brakes on there. if someone has a pic with a f106 with duals and full brakes on a pulling truck i'd like to see it, seems like it would be a big pain in the ass...

I measure 101 with 315 duals on a single rear wheel axel with functional breaks..... it works but it takes a 3inch dualy spacer and 2 inch dualy spacer and 17 dualy rims (off a dodge) .............. not the best way but it works......
but yes i doo agree it doesnt make sense.......but then again what does makesense in the world of pullin???????????

I measure 101 with 315 duals on a single rear wheel axel with functional breaks..... it works but it takes a 3inch dualy spacer and 2 inch dualy spacer and 17 dualy rims (off a dodge) .............. not the best way but it works......
but yes i doo agree it doesnt make sense.......but then again what does makesense in the world of pullin???????????

with my 6 bolt hubs we had to make our own inner dual with a blank rim and pipe so it doesnt leave any room for brakes. i was throwing around the idea of a driveshaft brake for the rear end to help with spooling, but i dont think i'll be going through the trouble to change the truck for one hook.

Hmm......Hoodstacks and Ag Gov's.........sounds to me like Scheids built a 2.6 truck with both of those and wants it to pull.........

I was going to pull at Scheid but my charger wont pass the protrusion and im not going to buy a new turbo for that

No. I don't but come on hood stacks in the 2.6. Till this year we couldn't run one in the 2.8. It's the idea that these are no longer street trucks. Tell me the difference between the 2.6 and 2.8s. There isn't crap difference except turbo size. I think it's going to kill the average guy wanting to pull against hood stacks and ag gov's. Don't get me wrong I love hood stacks, just not in a street class$.02

take the word "steet" out of your vocabulary when talking about the 2.6 class, it hasn't been a street driven truck class in years. And the "average" guy won't be pulling 2.6 at SDX......Just sayin *nx*:Cheer:

Well look at some of the 2.6 trucks. Alot of them are still streetable. Heck around here we have 2.6 trucks that are street driven kick a$$ on some of the 2.8 trucks. I know we might be behind some from what other areas are,but are 2.6 trucks aren't allowed hood stacks and ag govs. I think streetable is if the truck can make a 5 mile trip to the gas station and back.

Well look at some of the 2.6 trucks. Alot of them are still streetable. Heck around here we have 2.6 trucks that are street driven kick a$$ on some of the 2.8 trucks. I know we might be behind some from what other areas are,but are 2.6 trucks aren't allowed hood stacks and ag govs. I think streetable is if the truck can make a 5 mile trip to the gas station and back.

but what is the point of that?? If it's a work truck, then props to them, pull in workstock. But the way this sport is heading, you better spend some serious money if you want to be competitve in 2.6 on a national level.

Ive watched them....And I know how stout the 2.6 trucks are in KY!!!!

Only diff in schied rukles and BOB is protrusion rule, u might see a few trucks from Ky there but like the big dogs run step covers witch is part of the rules, some like it some dont it is what it is . I myself am curious to see what comes out at schieds in 2.6 if protrusion 1/8' really takes affect

If you're not makin 900+ hp with a 2.6 inducer with or without an ag gov you're not going to win around here unless the top trucks don't show or break. There's nothing "street" about the class. Word associations need dropped from all classes nationwide. As ctd99 said, the average guy won't be pulling 2.6 @ SDX just like average guys don't race against John Force @ Indy. I wasn't totally for hood stacks initially but I think it is a nice addition to the class from a few different standpoints now.

Now back on topic...

The rule seems contradictory to itself on the blankets. At least for the manuals, as I didn't pay much attention to the auto rule.

All vehicles equipped with a manual transmission must Have a flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which an SFI Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that completely covers the bellhousing; it must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened. Every vehicle must have a SFI 1.1 or 1.2 approved clutch or SFI 4.1 or 4.2 approved blanket.

Last edited:
take the word "steet" out of your vocabulary when talking about the 2.6 class, it hasn't been a street driven truck class in years. And the "average" guy won't be pulling 2.6 at SDX......Just sayin *nx*:Cheer:

yeah i dont know why they are stuck on the word ''street''. i called scheids and talked to brad ingram this week about the 102'' rule in 2.8 and he said it was there because it was suppost to be ''street legal class''..... it was hard not to laugh into the phone when the rules say you can weld in a 2.5 ton rear end to your frame and run a hoodstack, hahaha:umno:

Scheid will change the rules around if they believe a truck that they built will win the class, so what scheid and apparentley kentucky allow ag govs and hood stacks, NOBODY else does! And im willing to bet a certain truck from MO that doesnt have an ag gov or a hood stack will lay it to most of them guys! AGAIN LOL

Problay true, lets see he was running a 3.1 charger last year against mostly true 2.6 trucks I think wade did ok with what he was up against anyways I guess clipping a HX82 should put him up there this year I sure hope so, rules are rules tho ,the top Ky boys will b there but in the 2.8 if Kevin wants to play

Scheid will change the rules around if they believe a truck that they built will win the class, so what scheid and apparentley kentucky allow ag govs and hood stacks, NOBODY else does! And im willing to bet a certain truck from MO that doesnt have an ag gov or a hood stack will lay it to most of them guys! AGAIN LOL

The funny part about you statement is i heard directly from a scheid employee that they changed the rules after Dan got tired of getting his ass chewed on by the guys from Kentucky. They didnt want bushed turbos but they wanted hoodstacks and ag govs. Then low and behold about 6 months later here we are talking about the exact same thing. Coincidence???:poke:

Problay true, lets see he was running a 3.1 charger last year against mostly true 2.6 trucks I think wade did ok with what he was up against anyways I guess clipping a HX82 should put him up there this year I sure hope so, rules are rules tho ,the top Ky boys will b there but in the 2.8 if Kevin wants to play

Im sure though rodney that everybody was running a 3.0 charger or bigger. 3.0 or 3.1 bushed, not much difference there. I would say the tubos were al pretty equal last year

What's the pulling order of the finals this year? And who gets to pull twice? I never did get them two. I never had a chance last year but I know I'll be there this year watching from the side lines rootin my
Missouri buddy to the win.

Back