I has a TDI!!!!

Dont waste your money on a CAI or freeflow whatnot. The stock is good for at least 250hp and it actually filters. You can mod the stock airbox with larger intake snorkel and grind some of the plastic supporting structures inside. Angle grinder is pretty good tool for that. Then you have an airbox that filters and is CAI.

For tuning I would recomend VWmikel aka TDTuning. And get a Map based smoke limiting tune so you can ditch the damn MAF sensor that is a constant grief. And then you can make the intake plumbing alot smoother when you upgrade the turbo ;)

Thank you Billy for all the crash course info and texts and calls about stuff to look for on such a short notice!!!

$4600 after taxes, etc etc etc

200K miles. 5 speed. new tires. new front brakes. new front shocks. one owner car with exception of the broker, he drove it 5000 miles. carfax shows everything done. timing belts are done on time. I have 80,000 left on this one.

Paint is in as good condition as my truck, in not better in most areas. drives straight, stops straight. A/C works. Engine compartment is clean..

Few mileage modes, get the iPhone/iPod hooks ups.. Maybe some stereo stuff...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks like Idaho plates. Where'd you end up buying it from?

hmmmm. I have a signed purchase agreement and a deposit made, yet he has it on CL, for more money.... If this bastard sells it before Monday when the bank opens..... I'm going to be upset. I know where the guy lives too...

hmmmmmmmmmm....... might take a swing by to see if it's still there. If it's sold. Simple court case.

Last edited:
Thats just like mine J!
Awesome little cars! Mines an 02 and it Just turned 90k miles.

Billysgoat did my EGR cleaning / delete, timing belt. water pump, serp. belt, and all the rollers for me. Last year at shop day at Garmons.

Only thing is, mine doesn't have the sun roof... Everything else as far as colors & 4drs. is the same.... Mine is stayning STOCK! I do NOT need two money pits!

Congrats dude!

Mine is stayning STOCK! I do NOT need two money pits!

Congrats dude!

:hehe: :hehe:

OK David...I say the same thing about my 2010...if I see you posting about wanting to do mods to your VW, I'll hound you not to....but I expect you to do the same if you see me posting about my 2010...deal??

Nice VW Jason....if I had to have a car, you can bet it would be diesel!
Chris

Thats just like mine J!
Awesome little cars! Mines an 02 and it Just turned 90k miles.

Billysgoat did my EGR cleaning / delete, timing belt. water pump, serp. belt, and all the rollers for me. Last year at shop day at Garmons.

Only thing is, mine doesn't have the sun roof... Everything else as far as colors & 4drs. is the same.... Mine is stayning STOCK! I do NOT need two money pits!

Congrats dude!

thought you had a jetta not a golf?

:hehe: :hehe:

OK David...I say the same thing about my 2010...if I see you posting about wanting to do mods to your VW, I'll hound you not to....but I expect you to do the same if you see me posting about my 2010...deal??

Nice VW Jason....if I had to have a car, you can bet it would be diesel!
Chris

DEAL!!!! :)

They ONLY way you'll see me mod this thing is two fold. If I sold my truck and got a stock one, OR If I win the Lotto!!!!

Yes, Please keep me in check!!! I'll do the same! :Cheer:

thought you had a jetta not a golf?

Nope, Its an 02 Silver 5sp. Golf TDI....

photo.jpg

2002VWGolfTDI.jpg

Won't they get you a silver patrol car...that thing looks tacky sitting there!!

Chris

Oh, and btw, the dealer said it was OK if I did emissions deletes on my truck...but anything farther than that, heckle me into submission!

Won't they get you a silver patrol car...that thing looks tacky sitting there!!

Chris

Oh, and btw, the dealer said it was OK if I did emissions deletes on my truck...but anything farther than that, heckle me into submission!

Silver patrol would be kewl!! But I think Blk/Wht is the only real colors for a police cruser...

Wow....Can't beleive they said it was okay to do that!!!

I'd get that chit in writing!!! Seriously!! That way if they deny and claim later or any other dealer, you'll have legs to stand on.....

Post a pic of you 10'....

Silver patrol would be kewl!! But I think Blk/Wht is the only real colors for a police cruser...

Wow....Can't beleive they said it was okay to do that!!!

I'd get that chit in writing!!! Seriously!! That way if they deny and claim later or any other dealer, you'll have legs to stand on.....

Post a pic of you 10'....

I'd be worried about it, but I've known the guy for 10 years or more, and he knows me, and what I'm doing with it. He said as long as I'm honest, he'll take care of me. I'm just worried about the tranny going out...the engine doesn't bother me at all, especially after I delete it!

I need to find a picture of it...

Chris

Man this thing is a dog! :) 85, 90 rolling down hill :). I'm SURE there's stuff that needs to be cleaned and what not to fix that stuff right up. :)

Man this thing is a dog! :) 85, 90 rolling down hill :). I'm SURE there's stuff that needs to be cleaned and what not to fix that stuff right up. :)

Dude!!! With 200K on the ticker, I HATE to think of how clogged that EGR system and Intake is!!!!

Took me forever to scrape that crap outta there and a few hours in the parts washer at Jeff's to get the intake somewhat clean....

I've not yet done mine but I need to cut the snow screen out of the snorkle part of the air box....

Do all of this and it'll wake up a bit...

Dude!!! With 200K on the ticker, I HATE to think of how clogged that EGR system and Intake is!!!!

Took me forever to scrape that crap outta there and a few hours in the parts washer at Jeff's to get the intake somewhat clean....

I've not yet done mine but I need to cut the snow screen out of the snorkle part of the air box....

Do all of this and it'll wake up a bit...

The intake was cleaned at 130,000

I can barely hear a super faint sound of the turbo. I replaced the air cleaner. I got pics of that dirty thing.

I got a jug of power service and put in a bit more then required for the $30 fill up!

Holllycow it's weird filling a passenger car up with DIESEL. Felt wrong for a second.

Amsoil delivery should be here tomorrow. i'll replace hte cabin filter and the fuel filter and do the oil and trans fluids this weekend.

Back