I has a TDI!!!!

your right... missing the "size" and "speed" of the truck. can't intimidate with the size, nor can I call bluffs with speed.. so yeah. need to add speed.

Nope, not gonna outrun much of anything stock LOL The good news is these cars handle well enough you can maintain speed and just weave your way through most stuff, and if all else fails? Really, really good brakes! :D

With the intake being cleaned at 130 you should have a much easier time of it the next go around.

holly crap I bought a well broken in TDI!

I normally make a trip from minneapolis to owatonna,mn a few times a month. Just a quick 60 mile jog down i-35 and back. I decided to run the speed limit of 70mph. So I fill up at my normal station stopped at the click. Drove there at 8pm. worked, left at 4:30am stopped and fueled up 2.35 gallons after 122.4miles!!!!!!!!

That's 52MPG! at 70mph! I was expecting low to mid 40's at that speed! No A/C. Windows up.

Nice, isn't it? :)

On the way up to SDX I ran 75-80 the whole way, half of it without AC, 555 miles later I put 11.9 gallons of fuel in to come home with.

Nice, isn't it? :)

On the way up to SDX I ran 75-80 the whole way, half of it without AC, 555 miles later I put 11.9 gallons of fuel in to come home with.

46.6 is worth it to have A/C and time savings. Once this EGR is deleted and things cleaned out I'll run anther 70mph run to owatonna and back and check for improvement.

Delete the egr, clean the intake, remove the snowscreen, make sure the vanes aren't stuck, get a map based tune from tdtuning.com (as hatemi suggested also), midsize set of injectors, install a good clutch, and an off road downpipe. You won't believe the difference it will all make.

As for injectors, I've run just about everything out there and had the best results with Nick D'Amico's, aka Nicktane. Bosch T4 nozzles are another very good option availible from different vendors.

Pics will be better than words: TDIClub Forums

Basically, push the vnt arm towards the actuator and make sure it moves freely.

Sweet! Billy's shipping off home made EGR plates. I'll be tearing into things this weekend. I'm thinking about cleaning out the firepit and using the redneck method to clean out the intake manifold.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oet4qWeZuYA[/MEDIA]

Been running heavy doses of power service and running it hard. The 3000+ rpm range is running better every day.

I'm feeling confident and learning when to get going and focusing on the handling and braking to screw with idiots vs chit loads of HP and size intimidation with the truck. I'd still get my butt killed in a real city like Chicago or Detroit, but here in Minneapolis it's just right. It's retarded when this TDI is merging on the highway faster then a V8 Jeep ya know! :) The retard gave me the "why didn't you let me merge" hand jesters. I gave the "thumbs up" for, merge at 55, not 40mph dumbass. :)

Anywho. This car is a load of fun even at 50hp LOL

As for the snow screen, I expect to get this thing clobbered in snow in the winter so I'll leave that in.

I'll be looking at tuning and the "test pipe" today.

When you are ready to do your injectors, call this guy.
franksTDIs@sbcglobal.net. 417-232- 4634
I called,told what I wanted. He sent me a set of injectors
so I could pull mine install his, with no down time. After
he receiving mine, the work was done and returned in 3 days.
If they are rusted in be careful when pulling. I made a tool
that i will let you use if you need it.

Injectors and turbo will be next year! I have to put a small brake on this :)

I ordered a stage 3 tuner. I'll need to get boost and egt gauges for over the steering column and I'll see about making up or buying a test pipe and call this good for now.

Trust me, get rid of the snow screen, it does abosultely diddly squat other than plug up. When you see where it is you'll understand more. If snow ever gets up that far and doesn't melt by then, you sure as hell won't be driving it away haha.

When you are ready to do your injectors, call this guy.
franksTDIs@sbcglobal.net. 417-232- 4634
x2. Frank is the tdi injector man. Super cool dude and reasonable prices. Just don't talk politics with him LOL

With that tune you better plan on a clutch before injectors. Stock clutches in these suck monkey balls. They'll take a tune or injectors, but not both.

New South Performance makes the best fitting column pod for these (its what I run). The autometer one fits like poop.

To get rid of the kitty cheaply, take the dp out and chuck it in a chop saw, cut the conical end in half, hammer the crap out, weld it back together. Or if your dp is due for replacement anyway, there's a couple different companies that make 2.5" dp's.

This is the dp I produce in off road only flavor
egolfdp.jpg

You guys are Killing ME!!!

I swore that I would not get into modding my TDI but It looks / sounds SO inviting!!!

Billy did all my EGR delete / Intake cleaning stuff....I've still got to remove the snow screen ( just been lazy )...

But having a small tune or stix sounds fun....

Last edited:
You guys are Killing ME!!!

I swore that I would not get into modding my TDI but It looks / sounds SO inviting!!!

Billy did all my EGR delete / Intake cleaning stuff....I've still got to remove the snow screen ( just been lazy )...

But having a small tune or stix sounds fun....

I know!!!! And this stuff is relatively cheap compared to 5.9 crap.

I cleaned the snow screen but left it in there. I'll pull it when I replace this little battery for a proper one

Back