I has a TDI!!!!

JasonCzerak

Thank you Billy for all the crash course info and texts and calls about stuff to look for on such a short notice!!!

$4600 after taxes, etc etc etc

200K miles. 5 speed. new tires. new front brakes. new front shocks. one owner car with exception of the broker, he drove it 5000 miles. carfax shows everything done. timing belts are done on time. I have 80,000 left on this one.

Paint is in as good condition as my truck, in not better in most areas. drives straight, stops straight. A/C works. Engine compartment is clean..

Few mileage modes, get the iPhone/iPod hooks ups.. Maybe some stereo stuff...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3n13o33ld5Y65O35V3a8l7f0a8383baeb1885.jpg
    3n13o33ld5Y65O35V3a8l7f0a8383baeb1885.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0040.JPG
    IMG_0040.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Parts on your list to do:

R520. The old 5 hole. 2R520 suck big time. Stay away. I'd much rather get herpes than those. Nictane makes some nice nozzles aswell. And larger than Bosios.
11mm pump from auto AHL.
2260VK. There are actually some kits that you can get if you dont like fabricating. You could always do twins on the thing if you can ;)
Colt cams makes some nice regrinds for that in US.
Headporting is also in order.
And a decent clutch and flywheel.

This TDI is so stock, as you can see from the motor shot the plastic covers that cover the bolts for the plastic cover are still there.

Be honest, I'm going to drive it. Stereo and EGR mods. The GF will learn to drive stick on this so the clutch may very well soon go. It's original. We'll see about next spring bumping the HP up.. I really need a CompD sticker and a "Project J" sticker for each side. Them are important. I will put it on the dyno possibly before the EGR changes.

Try and find someone with a Ross-tech: Vag-Com:
in your area. Or new $250. Thats all you need to
work on these.

Last edited:
Parts on your list to do:

R520. The old 5 hole. 2R520 suck big time. Stay away. I'd much rather get herpes than those. Nictane makes some nice nozzles aswell. And larger than Bosios.
11mm pump from auto AHL.
2260VK. There are actually some kits that you can get if you dont like fabricating. You could always do twins on the thing if you can ;)
Colt cams makes some nice regrinds for that in US.
Headporting is also in order.
And a decent clutch and flywheel.

Try and find someone with a Ross-tech: Vag-Com:
in your area. Or new $250. Thats all you need to
work on these.

Thank you.

Biggest knock on these TDIs is the sissy, girly styling, especially on the newer ones:bang

I could probably deal with it for that price though. Nice find

I agree, Jettas can be a very good looking car, done right. What year is that one Jason? I have never seen a TDI Golf before. We dont get the Golfs up here north of the border. Just the beetle and jetta etc

dang man that is a steal I'm kinda in the boat for the same car just in the 2 door model and have seen a couple on craigslist lately, but kinda waiting on some parts I have to sell. I need something to get better mileage than driving my truck 64 miles a day round trip for work and doing all the driving to spend time with my daughter. heck I'm averaging 825+ miles every 2 weeks.

A tastefully modded Jetta looks damn good.

I agree. slight lower and some nice wheels with a little tint goes a long away. I've always had a place for the Golf. Jetta "meh", almost got one actually, good thing it was and auto and I held out less then 24 hours and search craigslist one last time this morning. Beatle, Cool to look at as far as one of the first real retro-cars to come out, but ya know what, I wouldn't be caught dead in one :)

I agree, Jettas can be a very good looking car, done right. What year is that one Jason? I have never seen a TDI Golf before. We dont get the Golfs up here north of the border. Just the beetle and jetta etc

2001. There's a good amount of TDI golfs over here.

-----

So far I've ordered the Bentley service manual. Motor oil, Trans fluid, fuel filter, oil filter, oil, cabin air filter. Billy's being way to cool and building me the EGR plates. I'm researching the vac-com stuff now.

Still wondering what I should do on the CAI front. AFE makes a kit for $215. I'll be cleaning out the air intake screen and the intake manifold. I'll possibly just cut the cat out and replace it with a "test pipe" :). I've reached out to peter at SB clutch as to my options on that front. We'll see about replacing the skid plate as well. Gauges? of course! :)

I suppose it won't remain stock... But close :)

Back