Truckers, lets see your rigs!

2.2 Million miles on a d12 LOL LOL LOL I am dying here. If you are going to lie at least make it realistic LOL You could have told me any Cat was at 2.2 million and I still wouldn't believe it unless I knew the truck. No brand bias there.

Why would you change the turbos on the acerts? They can efficiently put 700+hp to the ground and drive better than any single turbo truck. Pistons? That is probably the last thing I have seen replaced on an Acert. Their bottom ends are out of this world. My business partner is putting some quality studs in the bottom and will be spinning his at 4000+ rpm in his puller.... What a bunch of junk.

Woohoo, 700 to the ground with twins. I do it at the moment with GT45. Volvo in the video a couple of days ago spools quicker than twins and pulls from 1000 rpm up, makes 1000 hp at 1800 rpm. Real hp. With single GT50

Wtf ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i grew up around cows, fella, so trust me when i say that i know bovine excrement when i smell it. :umno:

2.2 Million miles on a d12 LOL LOL LOL I am dying here. If you are going to lie at least make it realistic LOL You could have told me any Cat was at 2.2 million and I still wouldn't believe it unless I knew the truck. No brand bias there.

Yup it's true. The only issue is some blowby, volvos have always been the best at low blowby. See attached oil sample. He bought it at 1.6 million km (1 million miles) and the previous owner said no major engine work other than a few injectors. He's done a bearing roll which confirmed no inframe and a few more injectors. That's it. **** I think he's done two valve sets since 1 million miles.

Why would you change the turbos on the acerts?

What are the reasons to keep them? I can only think of two:

1) To meet emissions, Cat did this as a bandaid because they had no other way to do it.

2) If you want to run PRs higher than a single turbo.

That's all I can think of.

They can efficiently put 700+hp to the ground and drive better than any single turbo truck.

My detroit that puts out a measly 35 psi vs a 550 ACERT. I pulled on him a good mile or more going up Summit SD with a wicked sidewind. Same gross weight. I also get 1-1.5 mpg better than he does. Both drive similar, cruise similar speeds, etc. But hey he was sure proud of the 55+ PSI he was making! Now think about that, he had a 15L engine at 55+ psi and I had a 12.7 at 35. That means he was likely pushing almost twice the amount of air. Now compounds at 700+ HP might be the ticket, they might not be, but I can tell you for a fact there's no reason to run compounds before that from a BSFC/MPG perspective or even a HP perspective since they cost HP.

Lower EGTs? Who cares on a monotherm piston engine as long as the AFR is above the smoke point.

More boost? Why make more boost than you need to? You're just wasting power and fuel pushing around useless air that has no benefit. If you need a LOT of boost to stay above the smoke point yes compounds are the only way to go.

Pistons? That is probably the last thing I have seen replaced on an Acert. Their bottom ends are out of this world.

Then why are guys always putting in industrial pistons? Delete IVA's, more timing, stock compression = not a happy motor!

My business partner is putting some quality studs in the bottom and will be spinning his at 4000+ rpm in his puller.... What a bunch of junk.

Where should I send the congratulatory card?

Attachments

• oilsample.jpg
    oilsample.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Lots of stock acert pistons living at power levels that'll spilt a series 60 block down the middle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There lots of reasons for compounds, wider power range, less of a compromise, less smoke, easier tuning, better altitude compensation. Sure, the perfect single works great for 500 rpm at a specific altitude with the perfect tune.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You have the unicorn Detroit that hauls bulk packing peanuts and out drives every Cat on the road while getting 10 mpg. I forgot about our last conversation. Hopefully I forget about this one. They/we put lower compression pistons in so they can make more power without the associated cylinder pressure if we are doing an overhaul. Guys aren't tearing their engines down with 100k on the clock just do delete their IVAs like say an ISX guy that lost their vgt turbo, spun their cam bearings and proceeded to window their block like most. I don't know why you would want a pair of fast spooling compounds capable of 700+ to the ground when you can spend $5k+ getting rid of them either....

I can promise you we get more calls 10 to 1 from Detroit, ISX, and euro junk guys asking what they need to do to get rid of the factory turbo, delete the truck, and make it live.

You Detroit/euro trash dildos don't need to pretend that you understand Cat "junk". You can dislike it all you want but don't pretend you know how it works.

There lots of reasons for compounds, wider power range

Got me there

less of a compromise

I'd say the BSFC hit is a huge compromise

less smoke, easier tuning

Both related to tuning. Lazier tuning because compounds are always pushing a ton of excess air, but this is a bad thing not a good thing. Unless you're driving a rally truck or something.

better altitude compensation.

That can be tuned in the ECM, at least on detroits. Again comes to tuning. Also a VNT will always do a better job.

Sure, the perfect single works great for 500 rpm at a specific altitude with the perfect tune.

A single will always be better at BSFC, full stop! I'm willing to bet the guy with the 800 HP stock turbo cummins gets fantastic MPG, he probably tuned down the boost everywhere he could.

You have the unicorn Detroit that hauls bulk packing peanuts and out drives every Cat on the road while getting 10 mpg. I forgot about our last conversation. Hopefully I forget about this one. They/we put lower compression pistons in so they can make more power without the associated cylinder pressure if we are doing an overhaul. Guys aren't tearing their engines down with 100k on the clock just do delete their IVAs like say an ISX guy that lost their vgt turbo, spun their cam bearings and proceeded to window their block like most. I don't know why you would want a pair of fast spooling compounds capable of 700+ to the ground when you can spend $5k+ getting rid of them either....

I can promise you we get more calls 10 to 1 from Detroit, ISX, and euro junk guys asking what they need to do to get rid of the factory turbo, delete the truck, and make it live.

You Detroit/euro trash dildos don't need to pretend that you understand Cat "junk". You can dislike it all you want but don't pretend you know how it works.

I just like to poke at Cat guys who love revising history, that somehow ACERTs were actually good engines (edit: in stock form). Again they went from 40% to 5% market share for a reason. Cat really couldn't have screwed up more from 2002 on. BTW cummins went from ~20% market share to over 45% over the same timeframe.

Last edited:
also, i've said it before and i'll say it again, for every tard deleting the compounds off an acert, theres five guys like me trying to buy them up to put on a single turbo engine (5EK, 2WS, 1MM, 6TS, 6NZ, etc...)

yeah......broadening the useable power range of an engine to make it more driveable and efficient is a stupid idea......why would anyone want to do that? :rolleyes:

fitzgerald kinda has the market cornered with the series 60 swaps, i can get on board with that because those are good engines. but everywhere you look online, a cat powered glider kit commands a higher price. its amazing how such an allegedly garbage engine can be in such high demand more than ten years after it was last produced.

Who is putting acerts in gliders?

lmfao.................oooooooooook there superchief. i get it, you're one of those guys thinks his way of doing things is the BEST way, and if anyone comes along and says something else works better, they're automatically wrong. LOL i have friends like that, i just let them think they're right and :rolleyes:

Back