Truckers, lets see your rigs!

lmfao.................oooooooooook there superchief. i get it, you're one of those guys thinks his way of doing things is the BEST way, and if anyone comes along and says something else works better, they're automatically wrong. LOL i have friends like that, i just let them think they're right and :rolleyes:

Show me where I'm wrong?

if a single is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better, why does any engine need compounds?

personal friend of mine's truck, 5EK 550 engine, cat 58 code sticks, 800 marine cam, industrial injection S478 turbo......swapped to acert take off compounds, dropped EGT's across the board, less smoke, and coolant temp was more controllable on long pulls......none of which could be done with even a custom built single. but what do i know? i've only seen it first hand. :dead-horse-fast2:

dropped EGT's across the board

Unless you're at the smoke point, dropping EGTs with more air hurts power, BSFC, and MPG

less smoke

Can be tuned out. Smoke on tip in is easy to tune.

coolant temp was more controllable on long pulls

Play with timing a bit. Excess air does have a cooling effect however. But so does your engine fan coming on. The question is which costs more?

none of which could be done with even a custom built single.

See above.

If you have actual power, the cooling fan isn't enough.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Unless you're at the smoke point, dropping EGTs with more air hurts power, BSFC, and MPG

Can be tuned out. Smoke on tip in is easy to tune.

Play with timing a bit. Excess air does have a cooling effect however. But so does your engine fan coming on. The question is which costs more?

See above.

lmao......ooook :rolleyes:

Long winded bastages

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

when i said i have nothing but time today, i wasn't kidding LOL

If you have actual power, the cooling fan isn't enough.

just add W/M right? 500hp truck needs juice to stay cool, but I'm the one who doesn't know how to set up an engine. LOL

just add W/M right? 500hp truck needs juice to stay cool, but I'm the one who doesn't know how to set up an engine. LOL

Just about nothing stays cool at elevation.

Oh, right I forgot about that. Lol

Right, taking tuning and turbo tips from a guy that can't keep 500 hp cool.

Just about nothing stays cool at elevation.
It's almost like you need a small turbo for quick spool up and a bigger turbo that is well inside of it's map at elevation. Maybe somebody will invent a setup like that some day.

It's almost like you need a small turbo for quick spool up and a bigger turbo that is well inside of it's map at elevation. Maybe somebody will invent a setup like that some day.

And doesn't lower BSFC! Also commanding the exact amount of airflow needed too!

Hmmmm if only.....

Bsfc makes zero difference to me. It only matters at cruise which I'm doing less than 20% of the time. You enjoy your extra. 0002 mpg extra and staring at the pyro on every hill and I'll go back sticking the pedal on the floor with my pos cat and passing all you flatlanders on the hill at 95k.

I assume you own one of those hydrogen generators they used to sell in the truck paper?

Back