Someone had to do it, cummins tubular manifold.

I guess the point of my first question about equal length versus equivalent length is regarding the effect of bends on laminar flow. Surely you agree measuring along the centerline of a tube to ensure equal physical length will not result in equal effective length, i.e. flow.
ZZ Fab's intake is a plenum, just like the stock manifold. But the reason I like it is just like you said, it allows you to remove the stocker and work on the intake side of the head. At least, like you say, someone had to do it, and he did. And, he offered a place for nozzles.
Bottom line is, my hat goes off to people like you and Greg at ZZ Fab, and the builder of the stainless header for stepping up and being the someone that did it.

I'd like to see back to back dyno comparisons on the same engine....

Looks nice, but looks can be decieving.....

PASSENGER said:
Really? I don't think they are, based on this picture:

intakemanifold.jpg

That one runner looks pretty short compared to the other ones.

Is it just me or are there 7 runners on that manifold?

intakemanifold1.jpg

HOLY CRAP A 7 CYLINDER CTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was just an urban legend!!:hehe: LOL :hehe: LOL

I could probably whip up a HP comparison chart, but they would look identical.

There weren't any HP or TQ number increases, just lower EGT's.

If guys are running 1000HP+ without these items, why is the extra time, effort, labor, cost, and frustraction of making it all work together worth it? I'm obviously missing the point.

Sorry realized i ressurected a dead thread. fast reading and no sleep= bad posts.

greg hogue has a tubular manifold available to the public, but at $1300+ its not for everyone.

i bet it changes the sound of the truck tho...i bet a high rpm p-pump 24v would sound nasty with a header like that!

Back