'01 12 valve into '96 gasser?

Russell

Does anyone know if i could swap a '01 12 valve into my '96 gasser? What would i have to do

I never knew there was a 01 12v. I thought they stopped putting them in dodges in 98.

i see. it looked like a twelve valve to me but idk as much about them like u guys might. would i be able to swap that into my 1500

ive seen other ppl doing the 12 valve swaps into 1500s. i think itd be a nice project.

A 12V would be...but an 01' is a 24V with a VP pump, all electronic. Not Mechanical like the P pump 94'-early 98'.

yeah thats what one of my buddies was sayin. but i was wondering if i switched out the wire harness would it work

im trying to find a donar truck and the onle one i can find right now is a 01

Unless you get an amazing deal on the 24 valve, you should just wait to find a 12v. You'll get the better injection pump and way less wiring to deal with. Check craigslist, ebay, forums, etc...

yeah they have good deals on copart usa. opening bid is like 350 for the 01

you might want to really do some research! im just about finished up with my 94 chevy/24v p-pump conversion. anythings possible but by the sounds of it you seem a little new to the diesel stuff, no offense. but its a lot of work. if i were you i would wait for a 12v. i wouldn't even touch trying to wire up a vp in another truck (i hate wiring and suck at wiring) thats why i did the p-pump conversion on the 24v valve. but even that can be a PITA. im still trying to figure out parts of the conversion! but if you have the time and money go for it. it is a good way to learn. about the only way i can learn. good luck though.

there's a lot of info on here just have to root-a-round a little but plan on it costing you over a grand all said and done if you can find good deals on good used parts! im about 16 hundred into mine. thats just the p-pump conversion. use the search tool and look up p-pump conversion and just start reading, thats what i did!

It could be a 12v if it wasn't in a truck...we had an Agco tractor (I wanna say it was a DT140) in the shop a month or so ago with a 12v that said on the pump it was made in 01, it had a A3000 instead of a P7100.....

Back