01 qclb won't stop bouncing

hamlin

I Don't Know
My friend has an 01 dodge probably around 400hp that we cannot get to stop bouncing. the truck is 6 speed, 3.55 gears, fairly new 285 bfg a/t's, pulls in 4lo 4th, everything tried so far does not get rid of the bouncing. In our 7500lb class he can have trac bars and stops and make weight. first stops we built had about 1" travel tried tires at 35 45 50 psi still bounces. built another set solid and tires at 60 pulled today and this is the worst its been. Should we build a set to allow little more than 1" travel put tires 60 or above? any other ideas or suggestions appreciated thanks!

The bars are 2" DOM .25" wall 7' long, brackets are welded on axle just inside u-bolt bracket and front bracket is bolted to frame under the split for the doors. I will try to get some pics tonight maybe and could get video this next weekend, Thanks

Take the air pressure in the rear the other way. Try 25-30 pounds in the rear and 17-20 in the front.

Even when he pulls stock class with no bars or stops it will bounce. I will try to get pics up soon and won't have a good vid until this weekend.

Leveled in the front all the hop seems to be from the rear. The front axle seems pretty steady and it develops about 100' out or so, take off is smooth and then the bounce comes in he lets off to smooth it out when he gets back in the throttle it comes back

The rule is 26" he has a normal slide in hitch for the reciever with a 1/4 turn clevis shimmed tight with washers. It's right at 26". Will try to get pics of bars and hitch up tomorrow night

It doesn't seem as though the clutch is slipping it's a valair dd 3250

794b4d20.jpg

fd405d35.jpg

aacb9e35.jpg

cdf99f63.jpg

7f714d78.jpg

90b04c5c.jpg

4516f9d1.jpg

4417cbdf.jpg

The bars are 87" from bolt to bolt

Round tube flexes. Especially at that lengh. Guarantee if he stayed in the throttle it would bend the bars and break the rear yoke. Been there done that.

The instant you get that truck to hook with those bars, your going to have a sweet set of arches.

Have you pulled with those bars yet? Those are going to flex like crazy.

How thick is the sidewall on the bars? Looks pretty thick to me like maybe 1/4-3/8 but I never ran bars before. Agreed air pressure is way high. Sometimes when it starts bouncing its better to stay in it at it will smooth out on its own. Sometimes notLOL

Back