07-09 6.7L Tuning Update

Dave,

The first release is what it is. The parameters will match 90% to what we have in our current 5.9L software.

The main differences will be:
  • DPF - has not been addressed at this point
  • RPM Limiters/Fuel Limiters - we haven't nailed all of them like the 5.9L, but our offering is still better than anything else that's currently available.
  • TCM Support - our current Beta software for 5.9L contains a range of transmission tables for which we have received EXCELLENT feedback. The 6.7L has a separate TCM which we haven't started development on yet.

There is only a couple of weeks work working with our beta testers to make 6.7L comparable to 5.9L - we just don't have those weeks until we return mid December. TCM may be a separate project - don't know at this point. Add a couple of weeks for catching up on 'everything' as well as Christmas, realistically we are talking January or February.

Cheers
Cindy

Dave,

The first release is what it is. The parameters will match 90% to what we have in our current 5.9L software.

The main differences will be:
  • DPF - has not been addressed at this point
  • RPM Limiters/Fuel Limiters - we haven't nailed all of them like the 5.9L, but our offering is still better than anything else that's currently available.
  • TCM Support - our current Beta software for 5.9L contains a range of transmission tables for which we have received EXCELLENT feedback. The 6.7L has a separate TCM which we haven't started development on yet.

There is only a couple of weeks work working with our beta testers to make 6.7L comparable to 5.9L - we just don't have those weeks until we return mid December. TCM may be a separate project - don't know at this point. Add a couple of weeks for catching up on 'everything' as well as Christmas, realistically we are talking January or February.

Cheers
Cindy

Sounds great. One quick question. When u say dpf hasn't been touched. Are u saying you wldn't be able to have it off or wldn't be able to run efi with it still intack? Hopefully its the later. Mine fell of a while ago and isn't going bk on.

At the present time you need to write your efi tune using an existing tuner that has disabled the dpf, if your dpf has fallen off already.

Considering it is in beta, when it hits public there will be no need to "write over another file". If it is a test mule then i can see it but not for just the general public right now by any means.

At the present time you need to write your efi tune using an existing tuner that has disabled the dpf, if your dpf has fallen off already.

Ok. Well i guess i'll just have to see what happens when it comes out. I might go ahead and order the hqrdware. Do they just email u codes for the diff licenses, or? How does it wrk.

Sounds great. One quick question. When u say dpf hasn't been touched. Are u saying you wldn't be able to have it off or wldn't be able to run efi with it still intack? Hopefully its the later. Mine fell of a while ago and isn't going bk on.

We haven't added the facility to switch it off, so if you decide to run EFILive before that feature is added you'll have issues.

We are tossing around a few ideas in the office today, and will wait and see what that brings.

Cheers
Cindy

Oh, and one other interesting development today.

Paul was playing around with the 6.7L reading code and made a change. Our bench reads have gone from 28 minutes to 8 minutes :)

Cheers
Cindy

Ok. Well i guess i'll just have to see what happens when it comes out. I might go ahead and order the hqrdware. Do they just email u codes for the diff licenses, or? How does it wrk.

Yeah buddy all you have to do is go into tune tool> help>flashscan v2 licensing.. then contact the reseller (or whomever can sell you a license) and email them your serial# and activation code

Yeah buddy all you have to do is go into tune tool> help>flashscan v2 licensing.. then contact the reseller (or whomever can sell you a license) and email them your serial# and activation code

Thats what I figured.. Thanks

So until they have the dpf done. I have to use my smarty file and write over it. That's interesting.

Oh and I lied cindy... Got one more question.

I know the dpf is up in there air right now. But what about injection events and timing. Are those fully operational yet? :cheer:

Thats what I figured.. Thanks

So until they have the dpf done. I have to use my smarty file and write over it. That's interesting.

Oh and I lied cindy... Got one more question.

I know the dpf is up in there air right now. But what about injection events and timing. Are those fully operational yet? :cheer:

Yes. Right now we have control over timing, pulse, fuel pressure, some turbo vane position table and other misc tables. Our test truck still has the emissions equipment intact. So far we've increased power enough to wake the truck up yet gained 4 mpg and reduced regen cycles. Only time will tell what we can do once the dpf and egr are removed, but for testing purposes we'll leave them on until it's time to remove.

Yes. Right now we have control over timing, pulse, fuel pressure, some turbo vane position table and other misc tables. Our test truck still has the emissions equipment intact. So far we've increased power enough to wake the truck up yet gained 4 mpg and reduced regen cycles. Only time will tell what we can do once the dpf and egr are removed, but for testing purposes we'll leave them on until it's time to remove.

Thats good for some. Guess i don't understand why they started with a bone stock truck. I wld have figured the biggest % of guys buying at first wld have atleast been deleted, if not more.

I'm going to go ahead and buy it for my wifes denali. That 6.2l. Needs to wake up a bit. Cut my teeth on her car first. Lol

Efilive builds a tool for ppl to be able to completely scan tune and log the factory ecm. Finding all the tables and limiters, getting total control reliably is of their main concern. The performance side is just a benefit so to speak. Got to have a product that works on a stock truck to start with and go from there.

Jake

Id love to beta some 6.7 stuff but unfortunatley all the 6.7 trucks are up north from me and I wouldnt have the time to get them here all the time nor the money so Ill just have to wait for the 1st release but Im sure it will be soon enough! thanks Cindy!

Id love to beta some 6.7 stuff but unfortunatley all the 6.7 trucks are up north from me and I wouldnt have the time to get them here all the time nor the money so Ill just have to wait for the 1st release but Im sure it will be soon enough! thanks Cindy!

you can come get mine and keep it to play with lol i just need to figure out what manifold i want and get it then its all yours

Dave, the EFI crew is heading to the States for Sema and I 'm not holding my breath for anything added for a bit.

Dave, the EFI crew is heading to the States for Sema and I 'm not holding my breath for anything added for a bit.

yeah. I know. But last time I spoke w/ Cindy she said they were kicking a few things around the office and might release some stuff prior to the team coming over here. Just thought I would check.

Thanks for the update though. So what are your thoughts on EFI for the cummins so far? Compared to your success with it on dmax's. Nice win at worlds by the way. Jerimiah told me all about it a cpl of weeks ago.

Back