08 Dodge land speed effort.

I'll get hold of industrial injection in the morning and see if they have a souped up 6.7 pump in stock,maybe a fuel rail plug aswell.

We managed to get 166.07mph out of the stock 6.7.
I'm on the road on my way home from the salt flats right now, I'll give the full run down tomorrow.

Great job!!!! I guess Speedweek is the next shot at destroying the record.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

After discovering that the fuel rail was emtying out with stock injectors,the guys at Diesel Auto Power came through with a new 85% over Cp3 pump, Sterling from DAP drove to Toele nearly half way to the salt flats from their shop and handed over the beefed up pump.We thrashed back to the Salt only to have the lift pump on our tow truck quit on us as we turned off I-80 at the salt flats turn off.We ended up on the end of a tow strap out onto the salt.
We abandoned the tow truck and set to on the race truck ,I managed to get the new 85% pump on there in about an hour,pushed the truck down to the start line and made a run with just 10 mins to go before racing ended for the day.
The truck managed 166.07 average for the 3rd mile,it was still pulling at the end of the mile . The rail pressure held right at 26.5 KSI,I think that the stock injectors let us down in 6th gear not quite enough fuel.We ran again on saturday morning but with a quartering head wind that kept us back to 161mph.
So racing ends on saturday at 12 noon,I then remember that our 1 ton dodge dually tow truck is dead on its feet.The tow truck ends up on the trailer behind my buddies Ford!! and I end up driving the race truck 550 miles back to Colorado getting 27.5 MPG ,at 80 mph on the interstate it was only pulling 1400 rpm in 6th,gotta luv those 2.0 gears!
We all had a blast and the truck has exceeded expectations in handling and the performance of the stock motor,I'm looking forward to next year when we have the full house motor back in the truck. By the way that aluminum racing seat does quite the number on your ass after 8 hrs!!
Here's a few pics.
-Tim
photobucket-31637-1349626563465.jpg

photobucket-7349-1349626560388.jpg

photobucket-7374-1349626561613.jpg

Last edited:
We had a lack of talent moment with the gopro camera! We ended up with 4 pictures of my buddies face as he thought he was switching the camera on when he was actually taking snap shots !! oh well! next time.:doh:
Here's one of the snap shots we took!!
WorldFinals2012004.jpg

Back