08 Dodge land speed effort.

Thanks for the encouragement,we are sorting out the hurt race motor right now,seeing as we had to tear it all the way down, its getting billet rods this time,that way I dont have to worry about rods bending or buckling. Might go with more cam aswell.
Cheers
Tim

167 thats crazy I have been over 120 in my dodge and to see that what does it feel like to be running that spead.... mine is a 4x4. well my dream was to run the baja but I am think land speed would be just as fun

thanks for the post.

Its fun driving the truck at speed,it handles great, very stable,the speedo gets pegged pretty early on,so I'm going off RPM to judge what MPH I'm going.I need a GPS speedo for next year.

167 thats crazy I have been over 120 in my dodge and to see that what does it feel like to be running that spead.... mine is a 4x4. well my dream was to run the baja but I am think land speed would be just as fun

thanks for the post.

The motor itself is an unopened 109000 mile stock motor with stock injectors,with the egr valve/cooler deletes and mechanical fan delete.We fed the motor with an Airdog II 200gpm lift pump,the exhaust is a 5 inch turbo back straight pipe and an AFE stage 2 intake with the filter removed when racing.During the meet I added an 85% over CP3 to keep the rail presssure up where it should be.
H&S performance managed to get 495hp and 1100ft/lbs torque with a similar setup on a mustang dyno.
I would like to dyno the truck as it sits right now to get a baseline power level.

Any idea how much HP you had? You were still on stock injectors right?

Cool! I know McRat went 197mph with about 900rwhp before he blew it up, it'll be cool to see what it does with some Wheaties.

Edit: If you are willing to travel, I know they're having another meet at El Mirage, CA on the dry lake pretty soon.

Last edited:
That is awesome!!! I'd like to be a part of this, land speed has always been an interest of mine.

On a side note does the name Mulcahy sounds famililar to you?

Weird!! I know a dude who has a 300mph 32 roadster, and he said there was a white diesel out there. Wonder who it is. Guess I'll see tomorrow!

Well the 2 steps forward 1 step back system was in effect yesterday,in my quest to find a decent 6.7 block for the fresh race motor I drove the 2hr 45mins to Denver to check out a complete 6.7 from a burnt truck.Down at my buddies machine shop I stripped down the motor,first off the plenum on the head had a crack in it,no problem we're going to mill it off anyway.I strip down the short block ,crank looks good journals are fine will probably polish,pistons are good,cam and lifters are good.
So I throw the empty block in the parts washer to give it a good wash and get all the crud off,block comes out looking nice and clean and cracked!!....dammit! I guess the fire guys must have managed a direct hit on the side of the block with the fire hose when it was hot.
So the quest continues for a 6.7 block!

The white truck my buddy was talking about was a 4bt Dakota! They went 121mph on their first pass. Course is about a mile and a half. Something tells me they haven't leaned on it yet ;)

Back