08 Dodge land speed effort.

IMG_6661.jpg

IMG_6664.jpg

That's Tom Sauter (std racing) the truck used to have a hi-po mopar small block in it,the truck went over 200 with that motor.

Well the 2 steps forward 1 step back system was in effect yesterday,in my quest to find a decent 6.7 block for the fresh race motor I drove the 2hr 45mins to Denver to check out a complete 6.7 from a burnt truck.Down at my buddies machine shop I stripped down the motor,first off the plenum on the head had a crack in it,no problem we're going to mill it off anyway.I strip down the short block ,crank looks good journals are fine will probably polish,pistons are good,cam and lifters are good.
So I throw the empty block in the parts washer to give it a good wash and get all the crud off,block comes out looking nice and clean and cracked!!....dammit! I guess the fire guys must have managed a direct hit on the side of the block with the fire hose when it was hot.
So the quest continues for a 6.7 block!

I know where a good number of core 6.7 are close to 20. Glade to see others doing land speed with a diesel.

167 is fast in one of these I know at that speed the wind would blow me over 2 lanes

it does , working on a diesel program for the salt as well, a 2 liter Chevy Cruze in a streamliner.
I remember testing Project X diesel on the hwy late at night. These trucks start get smoother above 180 as the suspension starts to settle.

Awesome thread. I don't know how I've missed out on finding this site for so long!!! It's hard to contain my excitement.

I'm also working on a Dodge LSR diesel truck - but it will not be in the same class as you guys.

I'm working on an '84 Rampage for the H/DT division, aiming to hit the salt at WOS 2013.

'84 Dodge Rampage Build Thread

Steve

Awesome thread. I don't know how I've missed out on finding this site for so long!!! It's hard to contain my excitement.

I'm also working on a Dodge LSR diesel truck - but it will not be in the same class as you guys.

I'm working on an '84 Rampage for the H/DT division, aiming to hit the salt at WOS 2013.

Steve

Welcome aboard Steve.

Steve

That's a cool looking Rampage...good cage work too. Might as well throw in my land speed hijack as well...141.998mph with a trailer :Cheer:

diesel-power-baby.jpg

I was hoping we could take the truck out to the salt as well, but the owner doesn't want to cut it up. :poke:

Steve
I've been following your build over on landracing,top notch build by the way.
we'll see ya on the salt this summer.

QUOTE=Jetmugg;2004775]Awesome thread. I don't know how I've missed out on finding this site for so long!!! It's hard to contain my excitement.

Steve[/QUOTE]

Thats a mad shot of the truck at speed.

That's a cool looking Rampage...good cage work too. Might as well throw in my land speed hijack as well...141.998mph with a trailer :Cheer:

diesel-power-baby.jpg

I was hoping we could take the truck out to the salt as well, but the owner doesn't want to cut it up. :poke:

A quick update on the race truck,picking up the fresh 6.7 block from MHP today,they surfaced the deck and cut the fire ring grooves,we'll put a fresh hone on the cylinders, one more bath then its assembly time next week,All the bits and pieces are on hand along with a set of new billet rods and coated pistons.
I'll post some pictures of the assembly next week.
-Tim

I don't want to upset the salt gremlins!
We'll see what the truck can put down on thr dyno next month.

Back