2.5 Class

Briggs0130

Are you fellas hearing anything about rule changes for the 2.5 class in 2017?

That's what I was hoping would change in the future. Everyone to agree on a set and stick with it.

The class is dying already. COTPC 2.5 will be short quite a few members next season. Lack of rule enforcement, poor payouts and track quality have ruined the class at cotpc.

They need some sort of "national rules" for 2.5 or I agree that class will die also.

It appeared that numbers were down for 2016 in all of the PPL classes(except superstock)

So not just the 2.5 guys were hurting, were folks seeing the same thing on the regional/local level?

Our numbers in south-central pa were about the same. There seems to be a lot of interest for 2017 season but time will tell I guess. We have been hearing some talk about COTPC 2.5 going with some sort of smooth bore turbo, like 2.6 or 2.7ish. Any truth to this?

Yes we wanted to go smoothbore. Talk was 2.75. Mainly because we were hearing ppl may be looking at adding 2.5 and going smooth. I am a fan of smoothbore but I don't anything changes around here. I am not going to be the class rep next year as I am building a new truck and pulling down south. I need a break from points pulling.

I agree, I was sort of hoping to see 2.5 go smooth bore myself. 2.75 would be awful close to 3.0 power wouldn't you think? I was hoping for something like 2.6ish myself.

You don't see the ohio rules changing now? We're trying to figure out what the rules are going to do and what we would have to change in order to align more with a national rule set.

2.5 with spi is doing awesome. Had 10+ trucks following the points with at least 15+ trucks in just 2.5 at every hook I believe. Get teched every pull. Rules are enforced.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I agree, I was sort of hoping to see 2.5 go smooth bore myself. 2.75 would be awful close to 3.0 power wouldn't you think? I was hoping for something like 2.6ish myself.

You don't see the ohio rules changing now? We're trying to figure out what the rules are going to do and what we would have to change in order to align more with a national rule set.
Our rules meeting is in December/January usually. Until then it's all guessing game. Most likely keep all the same. Just get rid of a lot of wording and to simplify things. If power stays where it's at now then we need filled blocks. 2.75 is around 1000hp class. We are a 1200hp class now. Their is no pint in going to an 800hp class. That's workstock.

Keep me in the loop when you guys find out. I guess PPL had their rule meeting but I haven't heard anything.

Don't believe there was any mention of adding a 2.5 class at the PPL rules meeting.
Their wasn't, this is why our turbo rules will likely stay the same. We don't want to go out on a whim and just pick a smoothbore Turbo and no other organizations follow. As of now we can pull Bob, darke, omtpa, itpa and are legal at all the major events.

Their wasn't, this is why our turbo rules will likely stay the same. We don't want to go out on a whim and just pick a smoothbore Turbo and no other organizations follow. As of now we can pull Bob, darke, omtpa, itpa and are legal at all the major events.

Think you guys will stay reese receiver and leaf spring in rear?

Think you guys will stay reese receiver and leaf spring in rear?
Leafs are likely gone because that was an issue this year. Their really isn't a point anyways. We already did away with rear brakes. Interior rules will likely loosen up as that is an issue. Hitch will likely open up too. Basically the more words you put in the rules the more grey areas their is to read between. I think our goal is to keep the rules as simple and basic as possible while keeping power in check where it's at. In reality these are purpose built trucks, not Street trucks. I'm not going to be the rep next year but that's what The other rep and I are shooting for. Simple rules that let you get creative as you want with the stuff that barely matters. We will stay air/air, single tire, no spacers, 24", 7800lb ect.. Just cleaning it up.

Leafs are likely gone because that was an issue this year. Their really isn't a point anyways. We already did away with rear brakes. Interior rules will likely loosen up as that is an issue. Hitch will likely open up too. Basically the more words you put in the rules the more grey areas their is to read between. I think our goal is to keep the rules as simple and basic as possible while keeping power in check where it's at. In reality these are purpose built trucks, not Street trucks. I'm not going to be the rep next year but that's what The other rep and I are shooting for. Simple rules that let you get creative as you want with the stuff that barely matters. We will stay air/air, single tire, no spacers, 24", 7800lb ect.. Just cleaning it up.

I like this. Thanks for all the input!

Back