2.5 Class

People say they do not want to make the switch to smoothbore because they already have a charger, even though the bulk of the class buys a new latest greatest turbo. As far as size goes it doesn't matter, any size frame with any foot what's the difference it's still a 2.75" size intake.

In reality it doesent matter what the rules are with MWE turbo's. They won't be teched outside of map groove not being over .200 and the plug not going in the bore. So If those are the only two things checked on turbos then those need to be the only two very simple rules. All the complaining we have in cotpc is about stuff that doesent matter and is not teched. Springs, interior are big ones. So it all needs to go if its not teched or a tech needs to stand his ground. This goes for all orgs, not just central. Going smooth would be the hot ticket. It is the only way to get power under control and make life easier on the tech at the same time. The springs and interiors are pointless so their is really no need for the rules to be there. I'm not saying go solid welded chassis like LPS. Just keep it bolt in solid, just ditch the fukin pointless leaf springs and interiors, open up hitch rules, allow weight boxes go smoothbore and let it eat. The class will be successful and thrive.

63mm wheel will make 1000hp what's wrong with that go look at FPP rules that's a true bore class and guys make between 900-1000hp the map groove is a little tight at .150 but you could open it up to .250 and it would make a little more hp but not much for the way those rules are wrote. The current turbos being ran in COTPC can make almost the same power as a 3.0 smooth bore do you not see a problem with that the class has gotten out of hand. PPL is only going to pick up the class in the western series and is going to use rules very similar to FPP rules

I didn't think there was any mention of PPL adopting 2.5 rules at the meeting?? Our current rules in south-central PA are basically the same thing as FPP rules (Except .200 map groove.) I've just been curious as to what other organizations are doing so that we can follow suite and try to align with a national set.

Yep all last season rumors of ppl coming to 2.5 didn't happen so we lost a year of trying to make things better .but that is on us techs,class representatives,and organizational owners and in our defense from what was being tthrown around rumor wise it sounded good so sorry guys we kinda dropped the ball.But now for better news we have a lot of organizations wanting unity we have some very qualified peaple working on getting us on same page rules wise give us a little more time thanks

Less rules make less gray areas , but if even those rules aren't enforced for ALL than it wont matter anyhow. I've been to pulls with 3 rules in a class, weight, hitch and turbo , and no hoods were popped . So what was the point of any rules? Changing rules to make everyone buy new parts won't help #s ether, that's called a new class. The single rear tire 2.5 class won't stand much more power anyhow as trucks with 200 less HP have upset the big trucks on marginal to crappy tracks.
My best advice is to let current 2.5 rules in place for the interest of keeping trucks but eliminate rules that don't mater to lessen gray areas then get a tech to enforce the ones that are there no mater what, no buddie 1 or 2 or 3 time warnings .

If a sport isn't growing its shrinking , so if the interest is to grow the class and the sport we all must do what's best for the sport/class and not what we personally want or what's best for our pocket book .

Last edited:
63mm wheel will make 1000hp what's wrong with that go look at FPP rules that's a true bore class and guys make between 900-1000hp the map groove is a little tight at .150 but you could open it up to .250 and it would make a little more hp but not much for the way those rules are wrote. The current turbos being ran in COTPC can make almost the same power as a 3.0 smooth bore do you not see a problem with that the class has gotten out of hand. PPL is only going to pick up the class in the western series and is going to use rules very similar to FPP rules

I'd like to know which guys are making that much. I have my charger built by Danville performance for FPP rules. And custom tuned by them and I'm making now where near that.

I'd just like to see them do away with the registration and inspection rule in our 2.5 classes. Like Chad said earlier most of our trucks spend their life riding on a trailer. And my truck being an lmm, it just sucks dealing with getting good it inspected every year to ride on a trailer. I'd also like to see every sanction pick a weight and stick to it.. either 8000 or 8500lb.

Back