2.5 Class

We will miss you in cotpc big guy
This is the guy in charge at COTPC :)
I will still pull with ya, I just don't think it's fair for me to continue to be a rep when I won't strictly follow the org. We are on the same page though. The org will continue to go places if they follow your direction. Nobody needs a last-place truck telling them what the rules are hehe.

Our numbers in south-central pa were about the same. There seems to be a lot of interest for 2017 season but time will tell I guess. We have been hearing some talk about COTPC 2.5 going with some sort of smooth bore turbo, like 2.6 or 2.7ish. Any truth to this?

Sounds like the return of the 2.8 class!

2.5 in Ohio has experienced a lot of growing pains fortunately for this class we have a good group of pestle from several organizations working together over the past year to put 2.5 on track to be a competitive class .so hang in there a little longer for some info .if we could get commonrailer out of shop way from top secret truck it will go faster:

Just trying to keep up :)
I teak a break from truck pulling till after the holidays.

With the lack of unification in the rules in this class who cares?

THIS, I built my 2.5 because of it and now I'm getting out since the all have fragmented. Sick and tired of everyone treating it as workstock and crying and complaining about street equipment like it freaking matters. It's as bad or worse than workstock. I'm over it!!! :nail:

THIS, I built my 2.5 because of it and now I'm getting out since the all have fragmented. Sick and tired of everyone treating it as workstock and crying and complaining about street equipment like it freaking matters. It's as bad or worse than workstock. I'm over it!!! :nail:

Surprisingly, in our area there hasn't been a lot of complaints about street equipment. Most of us are at some stage of dedicated puller. The more streetable trucks really don't come off the trailer through the week.

Surprisingly, in our area there hasn't been a lot of complaints about street equipment. Most of us are at some stage of dedicated puller. The more streetable trucks really don't come off the trailer through the week.

Many of the ones up this way live on a trailer too, yet a back seat is still required equipment :nail:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will do away with most Street equipment and mostley have. We have done away with rear breaks most interior besides dash and 2 front door panels, leafs will be gone. I'm all for gutted purpose built trucks with weight box, air/air, 24" hitch (drawbars included), full sheet metal, stack in bed, single tire 36" limit, OEM driveline , runner intake, current turbo rules.

We will do away with most Street equipment and mostley have. We have done away with rear breaks most interior besides dash and 2 front door panels, leafs will be gone. I'm all for gutted purpose built trucks with weight box, air/air, 24" hitch (drawbars included), full sheet metal, stack in bed, single tire 36" limit, OEM driveline , runner intake, current turbo rules.

im liking all that, give some of those dormant 2.6 trucks a home with very minor adjustments, kudos.

Is the blue waffle for sale?

Commonrailer I have good news for you we have the exact class your suggesting it doesn't pull first class and you can leave your duals on too only drawback that we have seen is your rear gears don't like that class but it could be your rental driver too I know mine is hard on stuff

so tired of changing my truck every week to meet rules at different tracks, duals no duals, weight box no weight box, interior no interior. Personally pushing more for the bob rules

I wish they would figure something out and leave dam things alone. we need rules and then to be enforced

Is that be direction of the class? That will bring out some good old trucks as well.

Sound like the rebirth of the 2.6 class... A lot of the 2.6 guys proposed these idea's last year and everyone lost their minds over it. My opinion you need to keep hp around 1000 and figure out how to keep the work stock at around 750 to keep the sport growing at the local level. If you want more horse bump up a class, but thats just my
.02 worth

IMO the limiting factors should be horsepower (a simple and clear turbo rule, a/a, etc.), single tires, no hood pipes etc. There has and always will be purpose built competition vehicles in all walks of motorsports. A smooth bore charger capable of 1000-1100hp would be ideal to me. The rules need to be simple so every knuckle dragging truck puller in the country can understand them. Adding rules adds gray areas, which starts the *****ing. PPL has done a great job with the old 2.6 class, at this point any LPS puller can goto just about any organization and pull. Why fight growing pains for years when we can look at history and see what the final outcome will be?

Back