2.6" smooth bore/slick face

I second 2.6 open drive line. Then all the 3.0 guys could drop down and run 2 classes ever night

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

It still will be money puts folks at the top of that class, built engines, billet wheeled turbos, etc. However if the trucks don't over power the driveline will be the big point for the class.

I agree and that's fine. But why not try something like the 063g cover. It's hard to cast that number into after market housings. They are cheap and come with all turbos. It's the comp housing that makes the billet wheels work so why not try it. Plus it's easy to tech since its stamped in the housing.

I agree and that's fine. But why not try something like the 063g cover. It's hard to cast that number into after market housings. They are cheap and come with all turbos. It's the comp housing that makes the billet wheels work so why not try it. Plus it's easy to tech since its stamped in the housing.

Wouldn't that lock it into a borg class?

What's the stock cover on the gt42 turbos that scheids build. They scratch the numbers off but I'm sure you could do the same rule for the garret turbos also.

What's the stock cover on the gt42 turbos that scheids build. They scratch the numbers off but I'm sure you could do the same rule for the garret turbos also.

What about Holset? Schwitzer? etc. I know what your saying, but then your relying on the tech etc.

What about Holset? Schwitzer? etc. I know what your saying, but then your relying on the tech etc.

Well who in the hell wants to run a hx40 or hx50 anyway? Lol. The 60 would be eliminated so that takes care of the holsets. Haha

Well who in the hell wants to run a hx40 or hx50 anyway? Lol. The 60 would be eliminated so that takes care of the holsets. Haha

What about the HX52 and HX55's?

I mean what you say might work, if there is a list of spec chargers, but that doesn't mean folks won't start playing with covers, and rules based off of physical appearing stuff is what caused the $2k worth of parts in the rears, LOL. I have a stock appearing recast head with removable domes for a jetski, that was made as a cheater head for a stock appearing type class from 15+ years ago.

Last edited:
I've blown both of them up to so if somebody wants to run one be mi guest. I have had **** luck with all holset turbos. JR Adkins, Columbus, or stockers it doesn't matter. They don't like the rpm's. tractors at 3000 rpm is okay but not trucks.

I agree and that's fine. But why not try something like the 063g cover.

Won't work, you think I can't put a standard Borg cover on an HX60?

Real problem is these guys were allowed to have that much power, be hard to take it away now. Let it go another year, and if most see carnage as too large of an issue, take the duals away.

We could talk for days about what should have happened, but it doesn't fix anything.

2.6 class=fail.

You can't keep adopting rules to allow more big boy stuff. Why not just jump to the open driveline and not limit your potential. If this trend keeps going the 3.0 will dissapear into the 2.6 just like 2.8.

The 2.5 class needs to have the balls to tell these guys that keep wanting more an more to get the f-out if you don't like it. There is a class for you. Nip that **** in the ass before it gets there.

Very well put. If folks can't learn their lesson from 2.6, 2.5 will be on the same slippery slope in about a year to 18 months with the more-more-more until it's just as retarded as the class 0.1" bigger...

Sledpulling: the sport that eats itself.

weston, what about your "restrictor plate" type idea? is this something you still want to push? it'd be cheap, and everyone would have to abide by it, it'd cut power back some, and we all can still continue to use w/e technology we have access to to have try and have the upper hand.

I have no interest in discussing it, common sense has no place in sled pulling.

I have no interest in discussing it, common sense has no place in sled pulling.

Out of curiosity, wasn't there some dyno work, as well as a pulling group that was going to use them? Results?

judging from that response he either means his proposal has already been made and he cares not to reopen the idea seeing how it would work. that or its just because it is the fact i brought it up. knowing him, yes dyno time happened, then the idea was brought forward, so hard evidence and factual information was at hand. not theories or speculation because someone said so or thought so.

The dyno results were posted, the general response was; they "didn't want their balls cut off", now it seems they apparently may just want a testicular reduction. And the fact that every other turbo motorsport outside pulling uses an air restrictor was not enough evidence to prove it would work. Even the more commonly accepted ideas of smooth bores or native wheels were shot down.

But, as I stated earlier it makes no sense to complain about what could have been.

Last edited:
judging from that response he either means his proposal has already been made and he cares not to reopen the idea seeing how it would work. that or its just because it is the fact i brought it up. knowing him, yes dyno time happened, then the idea was brought forward, so hard evidence and factual information was at hand. not theories or speculation because someone said so or thought so.

The basic comments were "let's not SuperFarm this to death," meaning really, everyone thinks they're smarter than the next guy and pretty much everyone wants loopholes in the rules so they can win, even if it takes a half dozen ring & pinions per year and other assorted driveline carnage.

I mean, what a horrible world it would be if you had everyone within 150 HP of each other and it actually came down to setup and driving skills and reading the track! That would be terrible, the end of pulling as we know it.

Pullers just plain and simple do not want a level playing field, even if they claim to.

2.6 smoothbore and no MWE would have brought huge change.

2.6 smoothbore and no MWE would have brought huge change.

As well as prohibiting air/water intercoolers would have.

Most didn't wan't to limit power to what the "restrictor" or non MWE cover would allow, but didn't understand how much power could be made with the protrusion rule.

Back