2.6" smooth bore/slick face

there was a meeting last night at the banquet, final rule changes will be posted on PPLs website in two to three weeks

I'm guessing so you can run a electric steering pump and cylinder and do away with the factory steering box and pump

So everything stayed the same as this past year

As far as engine/turbo, yes. I think I heard something about maybe changing the rule concerning the bed floor, but I'm not 100% what the final wording will be.

Why the steering change

To allow assisted/stronger steering systems. Also to make it easier to move the trucks off the track if they break and cant be started. The trucks are nearly impossible to turn if they have a welded front diff.

So "smoothbore" is back off the table?

LOL How soon til we can have open driveline?

Either build a 3.0 or a truck for the 2.5, or buy lots of ring and pinions!

The ring and pinions will live if setup right. We only broke 2 all year in the Burleybilt truck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The ring and pinions will live if setup right. We only broke 2 all year in the Burleybilt truck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

However that shouldn't be a common thing. Look at any given pull in the 2.6 class and folks can expect things to to break in the driveline. 37 spline axles, lockers, ring and pinions etc.
What happens if one of those ring and pinions were in a pull off, etc?

So class renamed to Pro Street Jr? Since you get everything but the axles now...?

I hope that the aftermarket steering passes, i went through way too many pumps this season running these higher rpms

2.6 class=fail.

You can't keep adopting rules to allow more big boy stuff. Why not just jump to the open driveline and not limit your potential. If this trend keeps going the 3.0 will dissapear into the 2.6 just like 2.8.

The 2.5 class needs to have the balls to tell these guys that keep wanting more an more to get the f-out if you don't like it. There is a class for you. Nip that **** in the ass before it gets there. I say 2.5 nadm style cover and no air to water. That should keep the power and cost down for guys that don't want to build a mini-me 3.0 truck. And if that 2.5 is still to much then maybe try something like it must be a a 063g cover cause its obvious a ton of hp comes through the cover so make it be a factory cover. That should be cheap enough also as they are tossed aside all the time.

2.6 class=fail.

You can't keep adopting rules to allow more big boy stuff. Why not just jump to the open driveline and not limit your potential. If this trend keeps going the 3.0 will dissapear into the 2.6 just like 2.8.

The 2.5 class needs to have the balls to tell these guys that keep wanting more an more to get the f-out if you don't like it. There is a class for you. Nip that **** in the ass before it gets there. I say 2.5 nadm style cover and no air to water. That should keep the power and cost down for guys that don't want to build a mini-me 3.0 truck. And if that 2.5 is still to much then maybe try something like it must be a a 063g cover cause its obvious a ton of hp comes through the cover so make it be a factory cover. That should be cheap enough also as they are tossed aside all the time.

I don't think you want to have a 2.5 NADM style cover in that class. The 2.5 seems to be on the right path, not sure about the no visible weights though. 2.5, no clip, no air to water, etc.

I don't think you want to have a 2.5 NADM style cover in that class. The 2.5 seems to be on the right path, not sure about the no visible weights though. 2.5, no clip, no air to water, etc.

I actually don't know what the 2.5 rule is just saying they should be strict and not allow any persuasion from pullers. Now the no hanging weight I don't understand cause they allow them to put it behind the bumper so what's the difference. It's either no weights or out in the open to be seen. IMO.

I actually don't know what the 2.5 rule is just saying they should be strict and not allow any persuasion from pullers. Now the no hanging weight I don't understand cause they allow them to put it behind the bumper so what's the difference. It's either no weights or out in the open to be seen. IMO.

I agree hopefully some things will be learned from the current 2.6. LOL It still will be money puts folks at the top of that class, built engines, billet wheeled turbos, etc. However if the trucks don't over power the driveline will be the big point for the class.

Last edited:
Back