2.6" smooth bore/slick face

They ran a 2.6 around here at 22" with hanging weight and had 0 front end problems. Really is a mute point in my opinion
Not quite a class to make any assumption off of- very few trucks that ran that class made even decent power-not PPL national level trucks. Not a moot point IMO

Steven

Sure it is. your only going to hook the front tires so hard regaurdless of power. Once the weight is transfered off the front to the rear the fronts arent doing much more then floating. How many fronts have you ever seen break period? Most only break after the rear breaks and slams down on the front or an auto that hasnt left the line yet.

Seen a good bit off frontend carnage this year in the 2.8 class which have less hp then alot of the ppl 2.6 trucks. A good set up doesn't float the front end it loads it. Imo you wanna slow the class up or stop breakage limit dual tire size or make it a single tire class. Making a class that has a 22 inch hitch height limits who will come to your pulls when most of the orgs run 26 inch

Keep in mind anything PPL changes good or bad most org. will follow so these potential changes will effect everyone eventually

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Seen a good bit off frontend carnage this year in the 2.8 class which have less hp then alot of the ppl 2.6 trucks. A good set up doesn't float the front end it loads it. Imo you wanna slow the class up or stop breakage limit dual tire size or make it a single tire class. Making a class that has a 22 inch hitch height limits who will come to your pulls when most of the orgs run 26 inch

Which would be easier to change through out the year? Hitch height or number of rear tires. I agree that folks will follow PPL's lead, however some of the groups are probably announcing rules already for next year. PPL is still discussing them.

I don't think other orgs will follow ppl. They aren't all now. The MWE is a perfect example of this point.

I don't know why you wouldn't have an adjustable hitch on a pulling truck? Seems like a pretty elementary change to me?

Does anyone know when they plan to set the rules for 2013? This information was not given in the email and they didn't respond to my second one.

I don't think other orgs will follow ppl. They aren't all now. The MWE is a perfect example of this point.

I don't know why you wouldn't have an adjustable hitch on a pulling truck? Seems like a pretty elementary change to me?

Does anyone know when they plan to set the rules for 2013? This information was not given in the email and they didn't respond to my second one.

Good point, however if your legal to hook in the BOB, ITPA, and COTPC, your legal to hook with PPL. The rules don't line up exactly, but I think if PPL says no duals, you will see other organizations follow. Might not be the same year, but will somewhat. It will be interesting to see what happens with 2.6 in at the end of the "3 year lock"

I do have a adjustable hitch but when u want to drop a hitch 4 inches that's a lil more then a elementary change unless you could care less about chassis setup. I see the dual wheelI change a simple fix if your worried so much about breakage

Not exactly. Most front end carnage is a result of shock from bouncing or front end chatter not because they are hooked so hard.

Good point, however if your legal to hook in the BOB, ITPA, and COTPC, your legal to hook with PPL. The rules don't line up exactly, but I think if PPL says no duals, you will see other organizations follow. Might not be the same year, but will somewhat. It will be interesting to see what happens with 2.6 in at the end of the "3 year lock"

That is true but not the other way around. A ppl turbo may not be able to pull the other orgs depending on MWE.
PPL could be a good test bed for things if they don't go too far. I think that the other orgs are smart enough to figure out what is best for them, but I do agree that the srw could catch on.

I do have a adjustable hitch but when u want to drop a hitch 4 inches that's a lil more then a elementary change unless you could care less about chassis setup. I see the dual wheel change a simple fix if your worried so much about breakage

I completely agree, but I don't see a dropping your hitch a show stopper as far as participating. No matter the rule change(s), adjustments will need to be made. If you want to stay competitive.

That is true but not the other way around. A ppl turbo may not be able to pull the other orgs depending on MWE.
PPL could be a good test bed for things if they don't go too far. I think that the other orgs are smart enough to figure out what is best for them, but I do agree that the srw could catch on.

Yes, and some of those guys had different covers for the different organizations. I had heard that some were running the PPL covers in both. LOL

Not exactly. Most front end carnage is a result of shock from bouncing or front end chatter not because they are hooked so hard.

I understand that some happens from that but if the truck is setup right the front end has more load then u think on it you can watch a class and you will have some trucks dance the frontend around at the end while the next truck digs in at the end.

I like the ppl 2.6 class it's a really competive class i hope to be able to come pull out there in the next couple years. Our local 2.6 is a lil different tho, similar turbo rule but no air to water no hoodstack 1 inch travel, no drawbar hitch must be bolted below framerail

I understand that some happens from that but if the truck is setup right the front end has more load then u think on it you can watch a class and you will have some trucks dance the frontend around at the end while the next truck digs in at the end.

Once again you can only load the front so hard. If a truck is on springs and no stops then as soon as the truck transfers the weight off the front to the rear the down force can only be so much because the springs are pushing up on the front end and the weight on the tires is decreased significantly. If a truck sets on stops and it doesnt lift off the stops then its going to leave the ground. The front has to float on the springs. Springs wont and down force only lift.

My question is if they opt to drop dual wheels that would mean factory duals would be out?? Correct?? Now that i think about it you dont see very many dually beds rinning out there now a days.. just 3/4 tons with added duals.

Well, OK, you pull in 2WD tough guy!! No soup for you!! LOL

You know what I mean! I shouldn't have said "not doing much" but you can only push down with so much force till the front of the truck is pushed up/transferred up from the down force on the rear tires. 2 inches of hitch height can't be that much more weight remaining on the front. Maybe a couple hundred pounds per tire at most. I don't think the 2 inches is going to make any significant difference in front end issues.

Besides there smart guy. How can you get around a shorter hitch height??????

Make the hitch longer from the rear axle will do the same thing as going up. Just have to figure out how much for your truck

Last edited:
Besides there smart guy. How can you get around a shorter hitch height??????

Make the hitch longer from the rear axle will do the same thing as going up. Just have to figure out how much for your truck

Does it truly do the exact same thing? :)

Does it truly do the exact same thing? :)

Is it exactly the same, no. Is it an alternative to a shorter hitch when your trying to load the back of the truck harder, yes. Look at how much sliding a reese hitch forward in a street truck makes. On my truck 27% is 42" if I move it to 44" it changes the lift on the front end. I have lift gauges on the front of my truck. So if you have to go down you can move the hook point furth from the rear axle to offset it some

Back