2003 5.9----->6.7 swap

Where is the rule written he can't have upgraded nozzles as well as the superior in every way 6.7 rail/plenum/horn?

Where is the rule written he can't have upgraded nozzles as well as the superior in every way 6.7 rail/plenum/horn?

LOL Superior.

Theres not I guess, I just look at as better use of the same money. To me it doesn't seem like he wants to waste money, which I dont like to do either.

My favorite part is outrunning the guys with twice the money invested that I have. Really doesn't matter how cool you look when nobody can catch you. :D

It's not about looking cool??? or even looks at all? 5.9 lines are flimsy, 6.7 lines are stout.. why not go with newer/updated when you can since you have all of it and it's free? If performance isn't an issue then he can use 6.7 horn and make his own EGR block plates on it.

But its not free, if he is buying exh plates I would imagine he would be buying the intake block plate as well.

Can you explain what he would gain by going to the 6.7 rail and lines?
What failures do the 5.9 rail and lines have? (Yes #4 is known to crack, but that is from being overtightened and twisted upon install.)

I completely do not understand your theory on why you would want to use old stuff when new stuff is available and free?

At his requested performance level the 6.7 parts won't do anything for him power wise. That being said holding the old flimsy 5.9CR parts in my hand VS the 6.7 parts, hands down I want the new stuff.

Get an aftermarket 6.7 intake horn and use 6.7 plenum/rail parts, unless you're extremely cheap and determined to show what you can do with old parts even though you had new parts for free at your disposal. Or.. use stock 6.7 horn and spend $69 2007-2012 Dodge 6.7 EGR Delete - EGR Delete Kits

I completely do not understand your theory on why you would want to use old stuff when new stuff is available and free?

At his requested performance level the 6.7 parts won't do anything for him power wise. That being said holding the old flimsy 5.9CR parts in my hand VS the 6.7 parts, hands down I want the new stuff.

Get an aftermarket 6.7 intake horn and use 6.7 plenum/rail parts, unless you're extremely cheap and determined to show what you can do with old parts even though you had new parts for free at your disposal. Or.. use stock 6.7 horn and spend $69 2007-2012 Dodge 6.7 EGR Delete - EGR Delete Kits

Because I don't fix things that have no problems, especially when it costs money, even just $69(which is NOT free). The OP also said specifically he didn't want block plates, or the throttle valve, so that rules out doing it for $69. Keeping the 03 parts, is ACTUALLY free, performs, and is clean looking.

Most people build on a budget, so why not get more for your money? With everything we have said, this is Competition Diesel so it all comes down what runs better, and there is no doubt with the same amount of money given, my way will make more power.

Dollar per Horse Power is what im all about.

And yes I am extremely cheap. LOL

You guys have missed one very major issue... you cant use 03 injectors in a 6.7 head,, the mount is different.... they just plain ole wont work without machining. So if he wants to use the 03 injectors he will have to use his old head....... They will work on the 6.7 piston bowl just fine.

I believe what Bodie was trying to say is that if you have to pay extra for the 6.7 stuff it isnt worth it..... and I think that Ryan is trying to say if they are the same price (free) then go with the 6.7 stuff

Yeah, I figured the OP knew that going into it.

Its just two different opinions I guess and the OP is welcome to own as well. I know Ryan and I are just trying to help, just having a good ole internet discussion. LOL

:Cheer:Ryan

So what part of the head needs altered? GOT-Torque did the swap with no mention of altering the 5.9 injector bodies, or head for that matter.

Couldn't pay me to keep the 5.9 crap intake...
2cents.gif

I was told by Blacks diesel and a few others on the forum here that the 03 injectors are a direct drop in on the 6.7, same washer and all. I've got mine in the head ready to go, guess I need to know if there's a problem with this. I have had so many contradictory opinions on injectors with this 6.7 swap stuff I'm not sure who to believe any more! I need known facts of what will work or not- so if your not totally sure what your talking about than please stay away!

No I'm talking 5.9 injectors in a 6.7 head not 6.7 injectors in 5.9 head.

No I'm talking 5.9 injectors in a 6.7 head not 6.7 injectors in 5.9 head.

Thats what I'm saying, the 5.9 bodies will work on a 6.7, not the other way around, per the pics in the link I posted.

"Looks to me, the 6.7 body needs machined... Not the head" was directed towards Morkable, not you.

Last edited:
Back