2007.5 Dodge 3500

Guys have no problem dropping $12,000 on a 12 valve with 250,000 miles, but a 6.7 with 215k is undesirable? What am I missing here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The extra chromosomes folks that will pay that have in their DNA. LOL

I'm definitely not one of those guys, hell I paid $5500 for mine lol

But imo, I'd snatch this truck up in a heart beat. Price is right and it's a damn good looking truck.

Last night and this morning make me think though... it's been parked for 2 weeks and I needed to haul a truck. Hooked on the gooseneck and it makes me wonder what I'm thinking.
81ae19b72860a9c2a1949ff90c767acf.jpg

My 06 gets less than 5000 miles put on it a year, some years less than 2500. There is nothing like taking it for a spin though. Think it through before you let it go though.

My 06 gets less than 5000 miles put on it a year, some years less than 2500. There is nothing like taking it for a spin though. Think it through before you let it go though.

Your truck runs well. I've just never been happy with this one. Everyone acts like a deleted 6.7 will just run like nothing else. I'm not impressed and I can't stomach the price of things to make it run like I feel it should.

I wouldn't say that, every time I go to use it I need to do something else to it, now it is batteries, time before that was rebuild the entire front end, steering, ball joints, unit bearings, etc. Before that it was injectors, and now I am hearing a squeaking in the front of the engine. I just have to keep reminding myself that it is paid for and while the maintenance does suck it is cheaper than a payment, especially for what I have.

I miss my 01, while my 08 drives smoother, I miss the 01. Maybe if I drove them both everyday, I might swear off a second gen. I have toyed for a few years about getting rid of my 08, as I am lucky to put 2000 a year on it. However I have concluded I need a truck, and figure it is paid for and will tow well for the times I need to.

I miss my 01, while my 08 drives smoother, I miss the 01. Maybe if I drove them both everyday, I might swear off a second gen. I have toyed for a few years about getting rid of my 08, as I am lucky to put 2000 a year on it. However I have concluded I need a truck, and figure it is paid for and will tow well for the times I need to.

I miss your maroon truck... ?

I miss your maroon truck... ��

LOL, I definitely had fun with it, but we sold it at the right time. I had to take a half of day of vacation to mow my yard for the first time this year. 1 kid is on two travel baseball teams, a travel soccer team, and middle school baseball team, the other is on a travel softball team, travel soccer team, a rec softball team. To top it off my wife is the director of the rec softball league. We have absolutely zero time for truck pulling LOL.

It still lives?!

Don't worry, pulling around here is completely dead now.

It's funny, everyone hates how bad the (insert favorite pet peeve about 2nd gens) is. Then after they sold it they regret ever letting it go! I'm going on 8 years since I bought my 12 valve for 2250.

009864ba4648449a31bb2488d68e1224.jpg

Had to dust off the old laptop for these. I flipped the mirrors out for that picture to be cool, but always street drove with them down unless pulling a trailer. Now I'm embarrassed.

Had to sell it due to the fact that local sheriff department knew that truck from 2 miles away. No hiding from them at all, even on back roads. Sold it at the right time for a mint to a guy starting pipeline work. Truck is probably trashed now.

Free bump for you.

P1000258.jpg

P1000261.jpg

Had to dust off the old laptop for these. I flipped the mirrors out for that picture to be cool, but always street drove with them down unless pulling a trailer. Now I'm embarrassed.

Had to sell it due to the fact that local sheriff department knew that truck from 2 miles away. No hiding from them at all, even on back roads. Sold it at the right time for a mint to a guy starting pipeline work. Truck is probably trashed now.

Free bump for you.

View attachment 66835

View attachment 66836

Was he a welder? If he is you can bet it's whooped.

Great looking rig. 2nd gens are tied for 1st place for the best looking trucks ever made. The other side of the tie belongs to 71-72 Chevrolets.

Since this is turning in to "the story of my 2nd gen" I'll give mine for the zillionth time on here.

I wanted one when they were new so bad. I can remember the 6 I test drove from 99-02 and why I didn't end up buying them. Then one day in 2008 about 6 months before they turned to gold, I bought my 2000 red quad cab long bed Laramie sport 5-spd with 92k on the clock for 15 grand. I was so proud to have it. In less than 2 years my infatuation with sled pulling had turned it in to an off-road only vehicle.

I later ended up buying an 07 5.9 6-spd Laramie. It was 10,000x better than my 2000, but that doesn't mean I liked it more.

Earlier I read where someone said they liked the torque of the CR better. Personally in my opinion NOTHING compares to the feel of a stick shift VP truck. I'm talking stock for stock and of course it's only in the butt dyno.

Why didn't I just leave it alone and keep the 70k in my pocket?

The way it's looking it can be moved to the story thread because I can't find jack chit that I'd be interested in. I hit up an older friend of mine with a 98 that's stupid clean and he wasn't interested.
I mean i guess I'll just park this thing far far away and forget I have it. I never drive it anyhow.

Here's the only pic I have of the one I tried grabbing this week.
50b3bfa57f01ffc8ac44a15a4ffa8b58.jpg

B

To add to your story thread, I never made it past a second gen, still have a 2k that has been torn down for almost 3 years but getting close to being done. I am tired of working on it but more disgusted about bumming rides and not having one. The farmall pulling tractor just sits in the garage catching dust from hitting the floor. It has twin turbos on a built p pump24v with a homemade driveline including an eaton fuller 6 speed and a divorced 205 TC. This thread made me chuckle since I thought about finishing it and selling it for something newer just so I wouldn't have to look at it anymore.

To add to your story thread, I never made it past a second gen, still have a 2k that has been torn down for almost 3 years but getting close to being done. I am tired of working on it but more disgusted about bumming rides and not having one. The farmall pulling tractor just sits in the garage catching dust from hitting the floor. It has twin turbos on a built p pump24v with a homemade driveline including an eaton fuller 6 speed and a divorced 205 TC. This thread made me chuckle since I thought about finishing it and selling it for something newer just so I wouldn't have to look at it anymore. Anyhow, good luck with the search.

Back