2013 Rudys and LDP Truck Jam March 16th

TheBigDeOGE

If you aint 1st..ure LAST
Will Be a full day of drag racing, dyno, sled pulling, burnout contest and show and shine with $1000 payout for the winner Gates will Open at 8 Am racing starting at 10 am and the event is held at piedmont dragway address is 6750 Holts Store Rd, Julian, Nc 27283

http://www.facebook.com/groups/29457...4574797232709/

This is where you can download the rules we will be going by this year. if you cant see them, PM meyour email and i will send you a set of the rules. Carolina Truck and Tractor puller Rules

Here is a basic summary of the rules this year for the classes

Workstock:
true workstock trucks, no hanging weights, no cheetah turbos, no billet wheels, no towpowers. we want this to be a true beginner class. Hard to make the sport grow when 1st time pullers are being beat by 600hp "workstock trucks" we have more classes for the guys with modified trucks.

2.5 diesel (new)
2.5" true bore, no clipped wheels, tow powers are allowed, s400 base chargers allowed. dual cp3's allowed, no ag pumps, no nos, hanging weighs allowed, stiff knees allowed. Must have drive shaft loops front/rear axle's. If you do no have those do not sign up. tags and insurance on vehicles.

hot street diesel (new)
street twin class. must have tags/insurance, no ag pumps, Dual cp3s allowed. big charger cant be anybigger than 88mm or 3.5". no nos. must have a air shut off or a fuel shut off. drive shaft loops front/rear axle's. fire extinguisher must be in the cab.

2.6 Diesel
this is for the dedicated pulling trucks. filled blocks, fuel cells, 2.6 charger, clipped wheels, NO PROTRUSION rule, if the plug fits it passes. NO NOS, must have drive shaft loops front/rear axle's, can have pulling style hitches. must have fire extinguisher, fire jacket, pants, close toed shoes, and full face helment. must have air or fuel shutoff

Open diesel 4x4
run what you bring, NOS ALLOWED, must have the same safety requirements as 2.6.

if you have any ?'s please post up or PM me.

NO PARKING ON THE TRACK THIS YEAR. we need the space for vendors, pullers and food. running two tracks this year so we need the space. we will have bleachers for you to sit on.

we had 80 hooks last year, goal is over 100 this year.

Pullers will need to be signed up and ready for inspection 1hr be the pull starts. will post the running order later. Pull should start around 5pm

we also have some gas classes and tractor classes.

attachment.php

tow powers are modified 6.4 turbos.
stiff knees are the blocks b/t the frame and axle to keep trucks from squatting.

Had a little change up on the pulling classes

Workstock (stock apearing turbo)
2.5, must be 2.5 true bore charger
2.6 all out pulling trucks
Hot street, big charger cant be bigger than 88MM (3.5)
Open, run what you brung
Bone stock diesel (chips, tuners, exhaust, stock turbo)

Here is the payouts on 1st place. will pay back to 3rd place

$30 per hook

Work stock $850
2.5/hot street $850
2.6 $1000
Open $1000

these are just the truck classes, we will be having 3 gas classes and 2 tractor classes.

Hey guys we will now be adding a 3.0 class. 5k payout between 5 places!
Also the pull will now start at 4pm.

Changed Workstock to stock appearing turbo also.

When will the rules be set in stone? Have some friends interested in coming down but seems like rules /classes keep changing

Here is a quick run down of the classes as of now, they should have been explained before now....

Workstock: 1st $850, 2nd $450, $300
-Must have legal tags & inspections
-stock appearing turbo's in stock location
-stock appearing fuel injection pumps (no dual pumps)
-no injection of any kind
-solid rear suspension allowed (bolt in style only) traction bars allowed
-full OEM bodies & interiors
-duals only allowed on 1 ton trucks with dually beds
-26" hitch height , 30" allowed for 2wd (reese hitches only)
-8500 lbs max, hanging weights allowed

Hot Street: 1st $850, 2nd $450, $300
-Must have legal tags & inspections
-two turbo's max two pressure stages (big charger no inlet larger than 3.5")
-dual pumps allowed no ag pumps, no fuel cells
-water injection allowed, no other injection of any kind
-exhaust must exit vertically, behind the cab (no hood stacks) cross bolts required
-driveline limited to 1 ton max (transmission, transter case, axles)
-solid rear suspension allowed (bolt in style only)
-u-joint shields, fuel or air shutoff, tranny blankets, all recommended
-traction bars allowed
-full OEM bodies & interiors
-duals allowed on all trucks
-26" hitch height, 44" from centerline of rear to hook point (reese hitches only)
-8200 lbs max, hanging weights allowed

2.6 Super Street Diesel: 1st $1000, 2nd $550, $350
-PPL rules with the following exceptions
-turbo, protrusion not required
-water injection allowed, no other injection of any kind
-Helmet & fire proof jacket required (long pants & closed toed shoes will be fine instead of a full firesuit)
-8200 lbs max

3.0 Pro Stock Diesel: $5000 purse to the top 5 (not sure of the breakdown)
-PPL rules 100%

Open 4x4: 1st $1000, 2nd $550, $350
-8500 lbs max
-26" max hitch height, 36" from centerline of rear to hook point
-engine must be from a 1 ton or smaller pickup truck
-1 ton chassis, steel bodies, gutted beds allowed
-DOT unaltered tires, 35" max height
-driveline OPEN
-induction OPEN
-fuel OPEN
-spray ALLOWED
-air shutoff, driveline shielding, tranny blankets, helmet & fire proof jacket, fire extinguisher, all required
-NO CRYING, NO WHINNING, NO B!+C#ING!!!!

All pullers must have valid drivers license, must wear shirts, long pants, closed toed shoes, & seat belts.
Admission $20
Hook fee for all classes $30

Ok dumb ? here as this will be my first pulling event if work allows me to make it....my truck is basically stock besides mild motor work and GDP transmission still running stock turbo its on 5" of lift with 37" tires making 450HP and 1000 ft-lbs. Will i be able to run in the Workstock class??

Ok dumb ? here as this will be my first pulling event if work allows me to make it....my truck is basically stock besides mild motor work and GDP transmission still running stock turbo its on 5" of lift with 37" tires making 450HP and 1000 ft-lbs. Will i be able to run in the Workstock class??

Yes sir. Long as ure turbo is stock u will be fine. Hitch height is 26"
Look fwd to seeing you

Is the hitch height from the center of my Reese hitch or is it from the drop hitch I pin into the Reese hitch?

Back