2013 Rudys and LDP Truck Jam March 16th

Adam halian from team won the 2.6
and Tyson Dillard won 3.0 Haisley machine had a very strong showing i beleive they took top 3 in both 2.6 and 3.0

I just wanna thank everyone for coming out, we hope you had a great time. Sled pull was going great until Jesus said we needed to stop, im really sorry to the Workstock guys and open guys that we couldn't finish. We doubled in people from last year (2700) so that's why I had a little trouble parking everyone, we may need to find a bigger place lol. Thanks again guys.

I would like to thank Rudy's for putting on an awesome event. If you didn't make it this time you should the next. Congrats to Phil Taylor on the win and Dennis Perry for doing some dam good driving in my truck I enjoyed seeing him drive the mamba.

Last edited:
Thanks for the congrats! Thanks also to Rudy's for a great event. Everything ran smoothly and was very enjoyable. Just to clear up the confusion, I was driving my truck and Sam Smith was driving his red truck. Congrats to Dennis on being inducted into the Georgia Diesel Mafia as a honorary member, Kentucky division.

Last edited:
Thanks for the congrats! Thanks also to Rudy's for a great event. Everything ran smoothly and was very enjoyable. Just to clear up the confusion, I was driving my truck and Sam Smith was driving his red truck. Congrats to Dennis on being inducted into the Georgia Diesel Mafia as a honorary member, Kentucky division.

Well , being the only California member , I'd like to protest dennis being inducted. He's rude and insensitive.

That is a prerequisite for induction. How do you think you got in?

ill find another reason to bounce him. how about the "nobody with white shoes " clause? he fouls out there too. :hehe:

Good work buddy see ya soon :)

Last edited:
The point was every truck that hooks to the sled should have an air kill regardless if they have a electronic kill or not. An electronic kill won't do chit if the truck runs off it will only kill the ecm so it makes perfect sense. I don't under stand why people would risk an engine because they are to lazy/cheap to buy a $11 air shutoff.

I thought that's what you were getting at. You should've lead with the above response.

Back on topic -

I was glad to see Buck made some passes.

It looks like the event went well besides the rain out of a couple pulling classes. I'll put this event on the radar for next year.

Phil it was great seeing the truck in person. Was going to personally thank you for how well your converter has worked for me as well as possible upgrades soon but you were getting talked to by fans so I just looked at the truck and passed by haha.

Overall the event was pretty enjoyable. Only real issue was people creating like four lines leaving all of which ended up as a giant cluster F at the end but I guess that happens at smaller venues. Thought most people were friendly though on the most part. I was glad the weather held up for so long. Perhaps next year put out the information earlier so more can pull, but other than that I had a great time.

Chris I wish you had hung around man. Would love to have talked with you. We would have fed you! We had the green egg going all day. Hope to see you at the next event. Glad to hear your happy with your converter. Give me a call when you're ready for your upgrades.

I should have! Saw some DPC shirts around that were nice haha. Gonna get a DPC sticker for the truck as well if you have any.

Dennis has the correct time...Phil I think went 6.17, Buck went 6.18 then 6.22 at 122mph. White Dmax with a single went 6.57 at 107mph no spray.

The white dmax was Matt (Painter) and he is part of the DTS crew. They made some awesome runs for not having the nitrous figured out 100%. He runs one of Phil's converters and a HTT S482 as well.

Jason, props to you and David and whoever else was at the event from the mag. It was awesome to see a re-cap uploaded in DPC13-fashion!

Yeah, he didnt get that from me...

Hurley must have misunderstood what i said about Dennis driving the Mamba

Last edited:
My bad! :eek:wned:

I knew dennis was driving the mamba; I was confused because phil's truck was red at one time, and hell, there was a red truck looking very similar.

Last edited:
Back