2013 Rudys and LDP Truck Jam March 16th

Looking forward to it won't be bringing 2.6 truck motor not back yet, coming down with some good friends

there was talk on another website about racing big trucks on the dragstrip. any word on if this is going to happen or not?

Six leaker I hope you can make it, that's the meanest sounding V-8 I've ever heard. And yes I believe they are racing a few semis, pulling them too I believe.

Lee, you and Aaron put on two great events last year. I can't wait to go again, and I'm thankful it's so close to home.

Six leaker I hope you can make it, that's the meanest sounding V-8 I've ever heard. And yes I believe they are racing a few semis, pulling them too I believe.

any way to confirm this would be great. i had planned to carry my truck but if rigs will be tearing the track up i will leave it in the barn on blocks and just come watch.

fwiw, I'd rather see the fast guys (^like above) running than a big-rig exhibition.

any way to confirm this would be great. i had planned to carry my truck but if rigs will be tearing the track up i will leave it in the barn on blocks and just come watch.

What do you mean tearing the track up??? The only semis that would be here would be street trucks, no purpose built racing or pulling trucks.

What do you mean tearing the track up??? The only semis that would be here would be street trucks, no purpose built racing or pulling trucks.

no way you can keep a good racing surface while running big trucks up and down the track, hard enough to keep it in shape with street tires. have you ever watched a big truck leave the line? rubber comes up when they leave. when they shift in low gears rubber comes up again. in a 2wd truck this creates spots where the tires will unload or spin. 4x4 wont notice it as bad, but it will hurt them too....

Well I'm pretty sure they are going to save the semis till last on the strip anyway, it's kind of just an exhibition thing for some local guys.

Well I'm not the tech man but I know who is & I can promise you won't be disqualified for that.

Just an FYI but an electronic kill will stop a run away on a dmax or cr. Why everyone tries to skimp on safety is just stupid.

Bleachers that piedmont got only hold 250 people so on the opposite side of the the track we will let vehicles park again but no in/out during show. I will have area by the marked off for vendors and pit area. So pullers only. Bring some yard chairs if u want i will have some flatbed trailers setup to sit on.

Just an FYI but an electronic kill will stop a run away on a dmax or cr. Why everyone tries to skimp on safety is just stupid.

What is your point with this statement? It doesn't make any sense to me based on the question asked. The competitor asking the question says they HAVE an electronic kill.

I hope to see some videos from this event. I keep forgetting to put it on my travel radar.

I like the class lineups. The hot street (street twins) class is a good idea.

having some tranny problems, hope the part i drove 5 hours today to get will fix it and this wet weather has work piled up on the farm...

Last edited:
You here yet? Some heavy hitters so far!! Buck coming?
Swing by and say hi to the guy with the camera if you are :)

Back