$30 per head, per day SDX 2011.

so $17 a piece for the pulls = $85 (for 5 people) plus $25 parking = $110 for everyone, = $22 a piece total for last year, this year it's a flat rate of $30 a head. Increase of $8. I better go take out a second mortgage for that 8 bucks lmfao

The second day it gets even cheaper since the $25 was for all weekend. $13 increase for the second with your math.

So someone else sees my logic...

When you factor in the fact there is not a parking fee, the increase does not seem that substantial.
I guess what we're not getting is the fact the people actually go to this event to see the event. I hang out in the vendor alley and all before the show, but when it's showtime, I'm making my way to where the show is.

I guess what we're not getting is the fact the people actually go to this event to see the event. I hang out in the vendor alley and all before the show, but when it's showtime, I'm making my way to where the show is.

I think you're right. That clarifies the debate a bit.

I will not attend and haven't ever since the idiots were doing burnouts in the motel lot a few years ago about wiped my old 12v truck and a bunch of others out.While I understand that we can not control what people do outside of the gates,one would certainly think we could police our own instead of allowing idiots to get blasted and inflate their testosterone to the point they feel driving stupid in a confined lot is "cool".

I have been to many other racing bodies national events and have yet to ever see anyone doing the stupid crap that is associated with diesel events,It is an embarrassment to the entire diesel community.

Just to be clear. It's not that we don't like the event or appreciate the effort. It's when the price goes up this much it throws up the flag for those of us that don't like to burn money.

Look here is what is clear:
He is going to make extra bank by combining parking and event fees and selling more tickets than the stands will allow. It wouldn't be so bad if I knew the stands were full I could go to vendor row and the show and shine until some space might clear up.

I don't mind the $30 total. What I mind is that it's together with parking. Let us in to see vendor row/dyno/show and shine without forcing event admission to an oversold event. I would gladly pay $15 to park and $15 to get in the event when I am ready.

It's not the price point it's the approach. Like I said you can full stands without a full parking lot. If you separate you can have both and make more money.

Clear as mud?

Here let me quote this post from a few pages back.

The thing most of us find ludicrous is the fact that you would go to an event and not go to the event. I guess us coming from across the country see it a lot differently though.

I will not attend and haven't ever since the idiots were doing burnouts in the motel lot a few years ago about wiped my old 12v truck and a bunch of others out.While I understand that we can not control what people do outside of the gates,one would certainly think we could police our own instead of allowing idiots to get blasted and inflate their testosterone to the point they feel driving stupid in a confined lot is "cool".

I have been to many other racing bodies national events and have yet to ever see anyone doing the stupid crap that is associated with diesel events,It is an embarrassment to the entire diesel community.

No offense intended, but not attending SDX because of an act of stupidity on another individual's part does not make any sense to me. That's like the kid at the playground taking his toys because the others don't play by his rules. I understand you not wanting to put your truck in harm's way, but you can't "police our own" actions at Scheid's when you're sitting in your living room. If anything that may be an issue with the hotel, not the event itself.

I had to "police our own" at the Carlisle ATN two weekends ago when a kid in a Powerstroke thought it would be "cool" to show his massive amounts of power by spinning up the grass between two access roads (on the steep hill after a downpour). I'm not going to stop going to Carlisle, and having fun with my friends, because I had to tell someone to knock off their stupid behavior.

Sorry for the derail guys.

Last edited:
The events get oversold and the stands are completely full even an hour before the event. This hasn't just happened to me. Doesn't matter that I am just down the road two hours I could travel around the world and not get a seat.
Can't remember the last event that I went to and sat down to be honest, even if I wasn't toting my camera, I still like to get around, not be tethered to one spot. But I guess that's just me.

Can't remember the last event that I went to and sat down to be honest, even if I wasn't toting my camera, I still like to get around, not be tethered to one spot. But I guess that's just me.

I can understand that. I am not the creepy camera guy tho.

The events get oversold and the stands are completely full even an hour before the event. This hasn't just happened to me. Doesn't matter that I am just down the road two hours I could travel around the world and not get a seat.

No fawkin way...You guys are being drama queens over this, there is always a place to sit.

Damn, you should see the fuel bill some of us pullers have just to get there and pull. Makes you laugh at anyone *****ing about something under 100 bucks.

Wait, so if I follow this correctly, if you had one badazz 2.6 puller you could potentially walk away with 9k dollars?

Back