4.905 & 5.007 in the 1/8

I was lucky enough to watch him make a few passes and let me tell you that thing moves. Its running good wade nice to meet you too good luck this year. Lets see if you can top out the banks truck.

I was lucky enough to watch him make a few passes and let me tell you that thing moves. Its running good wade nice to meet you too good luck this year. Lets see if you can top out the banks truck.

did you ever find out what that noise was in your truck. cant wait till pa

Dang that sounded like a lot of converter slip...time for lock-up ;)

330 times

I was going to stay out of this but the 330 times are not correct. to run a 330 like your slip says you would be going a lot faster. There is no way you can 60 what you did and then 330 what you did. The math does not add up. Your body or something is tripping the lights. Flame away Wade, I have been racing 28 years so I have hurd it all. In a side by side race Darren will win no matter what the numbers say! Jeff

Not saying you're wrong Jeff, but how in the heck could it not mess up the 60 ft. being that his is a tad slow, and then somehow mess up the 330 to make it seem quicker than it should?

I'm just trying to figured out how that could happen....

Anyone?

Could there be a problem? sure,but really it's not worth arguing over, i've made 9 passes this year and all but 3 were 3.2 or faster in the 330, the slowest(on motor) has bee 3.4 only difference has been traction, and nitrous our 60fts have been between 1.10 and 1.25 .

Who knows the 1.24 might have been clipped by the rear tires, middle of body.ect...

We are in high gear by 2.5 seconds into the run, we are geared out and on the rev limiter well before 4 seconds.

ET and mph have never equaled out on any of my passes, always due to rpm limitations. And btw the longer you stay in the throttle during de fuel the more fuel the ECU takes away. by the time we finish our run to the 1/8th we have less than 1/4 g of accel.....but 2-3 gears we hold around 1.5- 2 g's of accel befor defuel. Get my point

point is that there will be another day and time to settle the critics. That i have no problem with. we are workin hard for the next race. See ya at the races!

What was your 330 and 1/8th MPH last year Wade?

What was your 330 and 1/8th MPH last year Wade?

last year we ran between 3.3 and 3.4 330 and 1/8th mph was 129- 131, but we had a clutch, this year we do not. and we have made a bunch of other changes to the engine/chassis. our 60 last year was between 1.27 and 1.30

I cant make the slip out... does it show 129 or 120 in the 8th? Either way, the MPH is silly slow for a 4.90

I cant make the slip out... does it show 129 or 120 in the 8th? Either way, the MPH is silly slow for a 4.90

Hes running out of gear / rpm before the 1/8 is how I understand what he said. Hence lower mph due to defueling..

Hes running out of gear / rpm before the 1/8 is how I understand what he said. Hence lower mph due to defueling..

So, issues with RPM and 12 MPH slower than Banks with a quicker ET to the 8th despite a slower 60 foot time?

Too many variables to make sense out of.

Lets just call it a record.

Lets do a side by side comparison based on what I can read from the fuzzy timeslip posted earlier in the thread and what Sands posted from the Banks camp:

Wadey-Pooh Banks

1.24 60' 1.14 60'
3.02 330' 3.23 330'
4.90 660' @ 120.09 MPH (I think- could be 128) 4.97 660' @ 141

So what had happened wassss:
Wade was a dime off on the 60, ripped ass to the 330, and scrubbed off 20ish miles an hour while still running .07 quicker to the 8th.

Something is off somewhere.

Well I agree that there may be something up.. But my inexperience with time slip analysis, i'll have to wait for Wade or someone to figure it out..

Maybe its all my fault for posting it... Sorry Wade!
Get it worked out and then lets see ya at some races..

Cory and I were talking about this last night.....Wade would need to be lighter than Banks and have around 1,400 hp at the crank to drive around their time, run out of gear, and still run quicker. I'm not going to say it's impossible, especially since some weird stuff happens with converter cars, but there may be something a little off on that slip.

Back