47rh manual build

Jl12valve

unfaithful CF user
Well, finally got around to goin auto again. Building a 47rh currently with PATC parts. Sticking with just a bullet input for now. Stock stall convertor, transforming manual valve body kit and other goodies. I have a tci shifter that I need to make a bracket for. Bought two derale coolers and made a bed mount for them. Going to run hydraulic hose for transmission lines. Only thing I am missing is the 4wd shifter. Will post pics soon of coolers etc.

Shifter and dual bed mount cooler setup. Also will be adding to buttons to the left side of the shifter in the handle depending on if they fit or not. Anybody know a way to make momentary switches work so that they stay on or stay off when pressed? I can't remember if I bought momentaries or not

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have a dumb question... Why do you need to modify the VB to run as a mvb? I thought you could just zip tie the gov arm so I get the desired pressure and shift it on your own?

Anybody know a way to make momentary switches work so that they stay on or stay off when pressed? I can't remember if I bought momentaries or not

Search for a latching circuit. I've seen a few write ups on here.

I have a dumb question... Why do you need to modify the VB to run as a mvb? I thought you could just zip tie the gov arm so I get the desired pressure and shift it on your own

I'm 99.86356% sure that it will still shift at its normal shift point.

Yes if you want to run 1 and 2 only manual. I believe where an actual mvb comes into play is the overdrive setup. Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not huge into autos

Last edited:
It commands the shift when you want and firm. If I want 3rd gear at 20mph I can do it. If I want to hold first until 40mph I can sure try. I don't have to worry about anything and it shifts crisp when I want. It is a lot better than the DTT valve body I was running or any others I have run in the past.

I would do my TFOD-3 kit over again if I had the option again. No ragrats LOL

If I was going to do much daily driving I would definitely go gated shifter. The ratchet is fun for about a day and now it is just annoying for driving around.

Not even a letter!?
Daily driving is all I do. Just want something fun on the street that I can control. So I should only need two switches correct? To control "fourth" or overdrive and lockup

Not even a letter!?
Daily driving is all I do. Just want something fun on the street that I can control. So I should only need two switches correct? To control "fourth" or overdrive and lockup
Correct. Both are switched grounds on an rh and I imagine same for re. Power to valve body as well.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks for the info. I'm not sure when my transmission will be done. I'm guessing maybe by Friday. Don't have much to update right now as I'm just waiting on parts to get it done.

Got my two switches mounted in the handle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 0
Drilled two holes in the aluminum plate. There is enough room in the handle to fit two in the right locations. I bought the switches from mouser electronics. They are momentary so I will be making some latching circuits out of breadboards and transistors when I get the time. Mine fit perfectly so that overdrive can be pushed by my thumb and lock up by my second to last finger

Drilled two holes in the aluminum plate. There is enough room in the handle to fit two in the right locations. I bought the switches from mouser electronics. They are momentary so I will be making some latching circuits out of breadboards and transistors when I get the time. Mine fit perfectly so that overdrive can be pushed by my thumb and lock up by my second to last finger

Ok, so they aren't functional yet?

I got some relays on ebay that turn a momentary switch into a regular on off switch. They ended up being to small for me to worth with, but someone that likes dealing with that chit could wire them up no problem.

Ok, so they aren't functional yet?

I got some relays on ebay that turn a momentary switch into a regular on off switch. They ended up being to small for me to worth with, but someone that likes dealing with that chit could wire them up no problem.
Relays too small? This for the teuck or the Jetta?

And they give you a gun? LOL

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Back